Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:19 AM

Re: Tummy Bug

Hope you are feeling better today Tiff.... keep checking your temperature and any fever ring the docs immediately.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Annie - re washing meat etc., - the NHS and FSA both say don't!
I know ST, but I think the same of that advice as I do about wearing a facemask and gloves! Lab conditions are one thing, the real world another.

The advice relates to potentially contaminating the area of your sink with bacteria. I just assume such areas get contaminated anyway and treat them as such. I always wash meat and fish. I tend to rinse eggshells too before cracking eggs given where they come from!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 10:36 AM

I sometimes get the same kind of tummy bug but not so severe as you have, get the Doctor and don't suffer anymore.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	get_well_card-p137214363140308883tdtq_400.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	12534  
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Tiffany - how are you today?

Given that we are in lock down and, therefore, not going anywhere - I would not take patent medicines at all. Working on the 'better out then in' principle I would let it run it's course and go. Stay hydrated - when it it eases off try a little plain boiled rice with plain yoghurt, If it lasts more than 24 to 36 hours seek medical advice.

Annie - re washing meat etc., - the NHS and FSA both say don't!
Originally Posted by summer ->
Hope you are feeling better today Tiff.... keep checking your temperature and any fever ring the docs immediately.
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I know ST, but I think the same of that advice as I do about wearing a facemask and gloves! Lab conditions are one thing, the real world another.

The advice relates to potentially contaminating the area of your sink with bacteria. I just assume such areas get contaminated anyway and treat them as such. I always wash meat and fish. I tend to rinse eggshells too before cracking eggs given where they come from!
Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I sometimes get the same kind of tummy bug but not so severe as you have, get the Doctor and don't suffer anymore.
Many thanks to you all. I feel fine today & have eaten breakfast & had a coffee, if it was going to come back it would have by now. I think it's passed through my system now.
You are all lovely people,
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:05 AM

Tiffany, hope your ok

I would be inclined to see your gp, if you are in pain, is the pain in your lower abdomen?, it could be diverticulitis, I had this unbeknown to me , and occasionally got sharp pains in my stomach, it went away after taking pain killers, but one day it wouldn’t go away, long story short I ended up having emergency surgery, I’m not trying to be alarmist, and, it’s more likely nothing to worry about, but please go to the doctor and get checked out...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Tiffany, hope your ok

I would be inclined to see your gp, if you are in pain, is the pain in your lower abdomen?, it could be diverticulitis, I had this unbeknown to me , and occasionally got sharp pains in my stomach, it went away after taking pain killers, but one day it wouldn’t go away, long story short I ended up having emergency surgery, I’m not trying to be alarmist, and, it’s more likely nothing to worry about, but please go to the doctor and get checked out...
I am OK not Primus. It seems to have gone. Thank you.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by tiffany ->
i am ok not primus. It seems to have gone. Thank you.
AliceWonderland
United Kingdom
AliceWonderland is female  AliceWonderland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am OK not Primus. It seems to have gone. Thank you.
very good
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 01:22 PM

Tiff, it’s good you are feeling a lot better today, take thing easy for the rest of the day and take care.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by tiffany ->
i am ok not primus. It seems to have gone. Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top