Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:03 PM

Re: Big toe pain

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ooh .. that made my eyes smart just thinking about it.

Sad isn't it ... we start off with all these life choices until one day just about everything nice or naughty is bad for you and a no-no. Awful innit.
No such limits for me Morty, if it's edible I'll give it a go.....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ooh .. that made my eyes smart just thinking about it.

Sad isn't it ... we start off with all these life choices until one day just about everything nice or naughty is bad for you and a no-no. Awful innit.
Yes, it is awful. Good thing I'm not in a nursing home or they'd have me eating nothing but creamed spinach and dry toast.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
she's having a laugh bakerman, most of your excess uric acid is made in the liver and diet only plays a small part. I'm taking a 100mg allopurinol and i can eat what i like. Just don't eat too much of one thing on the danger list. It was probably red wine and scallops while on a cruise that set mine off, so i don't eat scallops anymore, and just the odd glass of red with a meal.
gout can flare up in any joint donkeyman, where do you stop....
no such limits for me morty, if it's edible i'll give it a go.....:-d
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I dont know about toe pain OGF, but l have developed a troublesome
pain in the arse joint recently!
What could be causng it do you think??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇

How did you do that!!?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-05-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I dont know about toe pain OGF, but l have developed a troublesome
pain in the arse joint recently!
What could be causng it do you think??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇

How did you do that!!?
Over exposure to Covid 19 Donkeyman....Not the virus itself but the incessant mention of it every five minutes on the news and adverts. Heaven help us if we don't think about it every waking hour....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Over exposure to Covid 19 Donkeyman....Not the virus itself but the incessant mention of it every five minutes on the news and adverts. Heaven help us if we don't think about it every waking hour....
So should l stop watching TV or can l get an injection for it OGF??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
FrankMC
New Member!
USA
FrankMC is male 

26-06-2021, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
A few days ago, I was sitting in my recliner watching TV. Suddenly, I had a sharp pain in the 1st joint of my big toe. There was no slow build up of discomfort. Quite literally, one minute I was fine and the next minute a knife like, heavy pain.
There is no swelling at that joint. No discolor. Even a light touch by my fingers , bring on MUCH more pain.
I've been taking Acetaminophen , but to no avail.
Walking, even using only my heel is quite painful.
I did not stub my toe or bang it into anything.
Anyone have any idea of what is going on ?
Strange.
Hi and sorry for the up. How did you solve it? Medicine, exercises? Got similar symptoms and don't know what to do
Thanks in advance
Frank McGuire
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by FrankMC ->
Hi and sorry for the up. How did you solve it? Medicine, exercises? Got similar symptoms and don't know what to do
Thanks in advance
Frank McGuire

Hi Frank, and welcome to the forum.

Did you see Bakerman's post 31?
He explains about the verdict there.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-06-2021, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by FrankMC ->
Thanks in advance
Frank McGuire
Colchicine Frank, it might be under a different name in the USA. Welcome to the forum by the way....

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8...e-oral/details
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:07 PM

There is a very easy way to ease pain in the big toe, costs absolutely nothing and guarranteed to work.

What you do is get a hammer and bang it hard down on a finger. The pain in the toe is instantly forgotten.

Simples

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top