Join for free
Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:03 PM

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by itsme ->
So, because you don't like being told what to do you are willing to put the economy of the whole nation at risk.

That is unforgivable.
But I don't think that the economy of the country will be at risk. On the contrary, it is my belief that the UK will prosper rather better within a few short years.

You don't even understand that you DO have input in to who holds office in a democratic way.
I have no say whatsoever in selecting non UK politicians nor their employees.

Your free thought is vitally important but does not overrule the well being of all.
Indeed. But then again, nor should the free thought of non UK politicians and unelected members of the apparatchik from other countries be able to overrule our well being.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:06 PM

May I suggest Antarctica to be begin your new life?
As an off-thread aside, I've often thought that prisons built in the Antarctic would be a good idea.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
But I don't think that the economy of the country will be at risk. On the contrary, it is my belief that the UK will prosper rather better within a few short years.

Indeed. But then again, nor should the free thought of non UK politicians and unelected members of the apparatchik from other countries be able to overrule our well being.

People don't have a 'few short years'

Of course you don't have an in put into the democratic working of other countries.

Who are these unelected members of the apparatchik. Are we going back to the nonsense of communism that you have heard somewhere and decided to use because it sounds smart?

Our well being is not being influenced in any way shape or form by the EU.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:47 PM

EU seems to have great deal of "influence" or bullying as I call it in EU countries, it's not like a club as many try to portray but a school yard bully telling others how they should act. Many countries are suffering the in the worst ways due to the EU. Look at unemployment in some countries, look at how they try to control countries financially. Look at how some countries ride rough shod over others with their immigration policies, come to europe all welcome, without consulting anyone it actually affected. Sitting up their in their ivory towers making policies that leave rest of us reeling in horror as our lives are adversely affected.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 01:16 PM

Your belief that the UK will prosper outside the RU is very patriotic but there is no evidence that supports that outcome. As demonstrated by Peter Lilly’s recently published 30 points on Brexit which was pure fantasy with only 5 items havone some semblance of truth.

You also have no say in selecting the UK politicians and their employees outside of the ward in which you can cast your vote for neither the EU or the UK elections.

How have the EU polititions affectrd the bell being of the UK? Until the referendum we had the best growth of the G7 and were the fifth largest economy in the world. We haven’t even left and our growth is not only the worst in the G7 it’s the worst in Europe and we are sliding down the economic league table.

Yes there were/are problems with the distribution of that success within the UK society but the UK is at fault not the EU
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

12-01-2019, 02:33 PM

Who are these unelected members of the apparatchik. Are we going back to the nonsense of communism that you have heard somewhere and decided to use because it sounds smart?
Nope, my use of the term is number 2 from https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apparatchik

Our well being is not being influenced in any way shape or form by the EU.
In which case, it'll make very little difference whether we're in it or out of it. I choose out.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

12-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Your belief that the UK will prosper outside the RU is very patriotic but there is no evidence that supports that outcome. As demonstrated by Peter Lilly’s recently published 30 points on Brexit which was pure fantasy with only 5 items havone some semblance of truth.
There are spurious claims on both sides of the fence.

You also have no say in selecting the UK politicians and their employees outside of the ward in which you can cast your vote for neither the EU or the UK elections.
At least this is a say in 1/650, which is better than 0.

How have the EU polititions affectrd the bell being of the UK? Until the referendum we had the best growth of the G7 and were the fifth largest economy in the world. We haven’t even left and our growth is not only the worst in the G7 it’s the worst in Europe and we are sliding down the economic league table.
Surely you're answering your own question here? The first sentence suggests that being in the EU, which has economic policies significantly decided by EU politicians, has a great effect on UK wellbeing. The next 2 sentences then seem to suggest that leaving the EU will continue to add to UK demise.

Therefore, by your own argument, EU politicians have a significant input into UK wellbeing.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 03:33 PM

There are spurious claims on both sides of the fence.

At least this is a say in 1/650, which is better than 0.

Surely you're answering your own question here? The first sentence suggests that being in the EU, which has economic policies significantly decided by EU politicians, has a great effect on UK wellbeing. The next 2 sentences then seem to suggest that leaving the EU will continue to add to UK demise.

Therefore, by your own argument, EU politicians have a significant input into UK wellbeing.
I agree that there are spurious claims both sides of the fence but if those are discarded the overwhelming evidence from economists, industry, our own government reports is that all of the various leave scenarios will leave the UK worse of and that leaving without a deal has the potential t be catastrophic which will suit some leavers admirably as they will see the fruition of their investment in Brexit

You obviously have not been able to identify any EU policies that have adversely affected the Well being of the Uk and don’t disagree with me that the membership of the EU has Been a Positive benefit to the UK and that there has been in our prosperity since the referendum which is likely to continue post departure.

So it seems your concern is that you have less representation on a ratio of 1/751 (0 is incorrect, the UK has 73 MEP’s) than the 1/650 you have in the UK. OK, so be it but I’d be more concerned that a significant number of those 73 elected UK MEP’s had a vested interest in the EU failing therefore did not fight the UK’s corner. Farage and many others hardly bothered to turn up
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 03:44 PM

Hi

It is a fact of life that being in the biggest Trading Bloc in the world has benefited us financially.

Leaving will hurt and not only for a couple of years.

WTO Rules do not include Services, our biggest money earner.

Banks and others based here due to the Single Market are setting up in the EU and taking the Tax with them.

Even JRM and his company have set up in Dublin.

It is not all about the money though, far more important things to consider.

I am all for a large Trade Bloc, the EEC was fine for me.

I want no part of increasing Federalism and an EU Army.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is a fact of life that being in the biggest Trading Bloc in the world has benefited us financially.

Leaving will hurt and not only for a couple of years.

WTO Rules do not include Services, our biggest money earner.

Banks and others based here due to the Single Market are setting up in the EU and taking the Tax with them.

Even JRM and his company have set up in Dublin.

It is not all about the money though, far more important things to consider.

I am all for a large Trade Bloc, the EEC was fine for me.

I want no part of increasing Federalism and an EU Army.

Yesterday's fake news

Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top