Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:18 PM

Blue Story

Has been withdrawn from some cinema chains due to vicious brawls outside of cinder as in Birmingham.

It’s about urban gang warfare set in the UK.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:36 PM

Re: Blue Story

Muddy, l read this today. Gangs were fighting with machetes in what looked like the foyer of the cinema in Birmingham. Seven policeman were injured.

So, l suppose that caused copy cat brawls.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:39 PM

If you didn’t know it was the UK you would think it was Africa or Jamaica where such violence is endemic .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 12:01 AM

Except that they banned "a clockwork orange" for similar reasons. I don't pretend to understand gang culture but if this move saves lives or protects people from violence then it's ok by me. Maybe in twenty years they can show it and there will be no reaction as per the original "copycat" film.

Has anyone here watched "a clockwork orange" btw? It's no longer banned.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-11-2019, 12:22 AM

I have watched it it’s very disturbing .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 12:27 AM

There was a black woman on the news this evening, asking why should it be banned?
She said was it because it was written by a black person and made by a young, black producer that it's been banned?

Apparently some people are fighting the ban and saying it's unfair.

I aren't likely to go and see it either way. Never seen Clockwork Orange either.
Don't like violent films.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have watched it it’s very disturbing .

It has also been on Channel 4, as has the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which I saw people walk out on 30 years ago.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 12:33 AM

What I find equally alarming as these violent films, is the mind of the person who dreams them up.
Do they fantascise about extreme voilence that much to want to see it acted?
Not my sort of thing, and not my sort of people either.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:44 AM

Yes all of these violent films must have an effect on the population.

Like all of those
Westerns
War films.
Sci-fi films.

It's about gangs. A contemporary problem.
Showings are being reinstated.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Except that they banned "a clockwork orange" for similar reasons. I don't pretend to understand gang culture but if this move saves lives or protects people from violence then it's ok by me. Maybe in twenty years they can show it and there will be no reaction as per the original "copycat" film.

Has anyone here watched "a clockwork orange" btw? It's no longer banned.
I love A Clockwork Orange, Annie. It's a great film and even better book. Brilliant direction from Stanley Kubrick and acting from the always-underrated Malcolm McDowell.
Yes, it's violent, but then don't go see it and for it's time shone out as a worrying trendsetter with people dressing up in boiler suits with sword-sticks. But like anything, teenagers will always want to copy a trend won't they and this new one is setting a similar example.
Not my thing anyway so I wouldn't see it, but it's certainly wrong to have people fighting in a cinema. I love Quentin Tarantino's films because they are original and very well made but it's only the minority who would copy that sort of violence and to be honest, these people have something wrong with them to begin with.

But where do you stop with these bans? Silly inoffensive words and town name places being banned all because of snowflakes and this pathetic new generation we are seeing at the moment.
Should we ban Eastenders or Corrie then because of their subject matters?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top