Join for free
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 08:25 PM

If I had my time again.....

....I think I'd try my hardest to be a politician or work for the civil service.
Why? - Good salaries, expense packages, nice pensions, BUT seemingly no accountability!

I am constantly amazed at the sheer ineptness of those who are in charge, and whom are often on big money.

Take just one example, the Garden bridge project. 37 million of taxpayers money, and yet not a brick laid...

12 Billion in foreign aid, much of which is paid to corrupt countries, countries who have nuclear programmes, harbour & train terrorists etc.

Crime totally out of control. Cressida Dick at the helm on 230k salary. Murders, moped crime, burglaries through the roof, yet nothing done! No additional funds, no extra police.

Councils, police, social services covering up the likes of Rotherham etc.

G4S - cock up after cock up, yet they are still awarded Government contracts.

Ok, I'm having a rant, but it appears to me that we are governed & run by complete imbeciles with no accountability for their idiocy. Imo, they are just out for themselves, and could not give a toss about the great unwashed. Just a load of smoke, mirrors and bullshit.

Am I alone in thinking this?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 08:30 PM

Re: If I had my time again.....

Originally Posted by fender ->

Am I alone in thinking this?
Nope.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 08:47 PM

You have to do something pretty serious to get the sack from the Civil Service.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You have to do something pretty serious to get the sack from the Civil Service.
Like actually do your job properly?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Like actually do your job properly?

I can't say what I want to say about that Fender if you know what I mean...
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

21-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I can't say what I want to say about that Fender if you know what I mean...
Nah, say it mate.
Get it off your chest....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 11:11 PM

Nice work if you can get it, and know the palms to grease.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 04:32 PM

I hear you. I've been asked to serve out a remaining post in local government and I am seriously considering it. I know well how easy it is to have ideals going into serving one's country, only to become caught up into the grinding, slow wheels of getting things done - or using the system for personal gain.

As much work needs to be done on how outcomes are achieved than the outcomes themselves.

Eating steak to lose weight only to drop dead of heart attack from clogged arteries is no way to treat a body - or a body of government.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top