Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:38 PM

Re: Yet again, the authorities........

Originally Posted by d00d ->
So I read the DM version, then read three other versions of the story. And found what I was looking for ..

telegraph.co.uk says:

Definitely old scores being settled, lowlifes the lot of them. Definitely not one for the "should a man be allowed to protect himself in his own home" debate.
Why?
We don't know what the past issue was? Maybe the same guy tried to rob him previously? As I said, you can only take so much.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Why?
We don't know what the past issue was? Maybe the same guy tried to rob him previously? As I said, you can only take so much.
Agreed. Everybody has a breaking point.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:57 PM

Why?
Whatever ... one man come with a mallet, cable ties and a Molotov cocktail (no ordinary "intruder"), the other has a loaded shotgun (no ordinary innocent pensioner). Their history is not really relevant, just the fact they have a history.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:59 PM

Whatever ... one man come with a mallet, cable ties and a Molotov cocktail (no ordinary "intruder"), the other has a loaded shotgun (no ordinary innocent pensioner). Their history is not really relevant, just the fact they have a history.
Good point but only one was attacking the other at the time. Only one took the fight into the other ones home. For me that's only salient fact in this one.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 07:01 PM

Of course the history is relevant.

Pending anymore developments, all I see is a pensioner wanting to protect himself (as the plod do eff all these days) and a scumbag druggy crim who got all he deserved.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 08:07 PM

Of course the history is relevant.

Pending anymore developments, all I see is a pensioner wanting to protect himself (as the plod do eff all these days) and a scumbag druggy crim who got all he deserved.
He did ... whilst the murderer is being branded a hero. Makes me sick, the way the press manipulate.

You should read it in The mirror.co.uk ... the 40 readers comments.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 08:10 PM

It is apparent that criminals in the UK have far more rights than victims.
Sentencing is often too lenient and depends if the Judge has had a good lunch, or looked forward to it
It also helps if you are female young and pretty.

Some vicious murders of children just get 20 years, which they do not serve and have a very cushy like with TV, Computers, Books, Music and Education to University Standard

What do the devastated parents of these innocent cruelly murdered children get? Shameful.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-01-2019, 08:19 PM

He did ... whilst the murderer is being branded a hero. Makes me sick, the way the press manipulate.

You should read it in The mirror.co.uk ... the 40 readers comments.
I'm still not sure what you're getting at - can you make it plain?
I can see nothing wrong with the fact this pensioner shot the crim - I could not care less. I agree with the comments that he did the right thing. I'm sick to death of this lawless country.
I also don't blame him for keeping the unlicensed weapon for self protection. The police these days are not worth a bloody carrot!

You're calling the pensioner a murderer - what was he meant to do? - use harsh language in that situation??
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 08:26 PM

There are no excuses for anyone to be on another person property without a good reason

Officers later found a rucksack next to Mr Digby's body containing a mallet, cable ties and the ingredients for a crude Molotov cocktail made out of half a tennis ball, with a fuse made out of a flammable liquid and a rag.
What good reason would anyone have for taking these items onto another person's property .

I don't touch what doesn't belong to me or enter another person's property uninvited if I did I would expect to face the consequences.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There are no excuses for anyone to be on another person property without a good reason

What good reason would anyone have for taking these items onto another person's property .

I don't touch what doesn't belong to me or enter another person's property uninvited if I did I would expect to face the consequences.

so if your dog or anyones dog raced into someones garden and they went after it and then got shot by the owner you would accept that as OK as they entered without good reason ?? you sound like you are willing to accept lawlessness?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top