Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 09:24 AM

Re: Yet again, the authorities........

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
so if your dog or anyones dog raced into someones garden and they went after it and then got shot by the owner you would accept that as OK as they entered without good reason ?? you sound like you are willing to accept lawlessness?
If my dog was out of control on a farm for instance then yes that's my fault when the farmer shoots her. If she was carrying molotov cocktails I'd suggest anyone had a right to keep them selves safe again my fault for allowing her to make and carry them. For me those molotov cocktails make the difference in a caravan fire is a constant worry, so dangerous, one exit ! Would it be ok if the man had burned to death ? I don't think so.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 09:48 AM

If people act in self defence in their own home, I would think that the person who broke in was asking for it....because they shouldn't have been there!

If somebody broke into my home, I would be in fear of attack and use any method possible to protect myself. They shouldn't be in my house in the first place & if they are drug takers they show no respect for their own lives... so why should I?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 02:51 PM

This has echoes of when that `traveller` broke into an old bloke's house and died as a consequence of his actions. The chap who caused the death was exonerated because it was seen as defending his life and his home. If the perp hadn't attempted to break in in the first place, he would still be alive and we then wouldn't have had the old chap living in fear of his life from the travelling community who took the side of the dead thief despite him having broken into the guy's home. I think the old bloke has had to go into hiding.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
i feel that if this stupidity and lack of police continues, people will do it anyway. There is only so much the public will take before they turn vigilante, and understandably so.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
This has echoes of when that `traveller` broke into an old bloke's house and died as a consequence of his actions. The chap who caused the death was exonerated because it was seen as defending his life and his home. If the perp hadn't attempted to break in in the first place, he would still be alive and we then wouldn't have had the old chap living in fear of his life from the travelling community who took the side of the dead thief despite him having broken into the guy's home. I think the old bloke has had to go into hiding.
er

Think if your talking about Tony Martin he was found guilty of Murder and on appeal down to manslaughter, but he still went to prison

Both disgusting verdicts he should have been given a medal.

But as you say on release he had to go into hiding from the "traveller" scum.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8630306.html
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
er

Think if your talking about Tony Martin he was found guilty of Murder and on appeal down to manslaughter, but he still went to prison

Both disgusting verdicts he should have been given a medal.

But as you say on release he had to go into hiding from the "traveller" scum.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8630306.html
He's talking about Richard Osborn-Brooks..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
he's talking about richard osborn-brooks..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 02:14 PM

My brother once told me that both he and my nephew (when they lived in the Midlands) always kept a baseball bat by their beds in case anyone broke it. He said that he would hit hard first and worry about it after, making it look as though they had been attacked and were in fear of their lives if necessary.
He said that protection of my SIL, my teenage niece and nephew would have been more important than worrying about the welfare of any toerag that stepped through his door.

I wasn't shocked by his words though, the way society is today, it's everyone for themselves when it comes to protecting one's family and home from those who have no worries about what they do if they are ever able to overpower the householder and family.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
My brother once told me that both he and my nephew (when they lived in the Midlands) always kept a baseball bat by their beds in case anyone broke it. He said that he would hit hard first and worry about it after, making it look as though they had been attacked and were in fear of their lives if necessary.
He said that protection of my SIL, my teenage niece and nephew would have been more important than worrying about the welfare of any toerag that stepped through his door.

I wasn't shocked by his words though, the way society is today, it's everyone for themselves when it comes to protecting one's family and home from those who have no worries about what they do if they are ever able to overpower the householder and family.
Well said SG

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top