Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 10:11 AM

Re: Man Cave

He might want one he hasn't got one and unlikely to ever have one. Day I have space for a craft room he can have a man cave. Neither likely to get one
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:09 PM

I do have one but it is far too small (about 2m sq). I do have plans though for the fruit cellar but I need to clear out all the old crap and tank everything. One day perhaps.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Do any of you guys have one?
You know, full of your man stuff and the wife is banned? - a place of sanctuary?
Morning Fender, HWMO doesn't, our garden and home isn't big enough, but my younger brother has a brilliant one. When he lost his wife and moved from the country back into town, he bought a house with a workshop in the back garden. (massive garden). The workshop was huge, measuring about 7 metres length x 4 metres width.

He started off by just wanting to keep himself busy so decided to change it into a Man Cave, where he, my brothers, his son and friends could chill out. so first he completely cleared it out, cleaned it from top to bottom, (he already had electricity there as a previous workshop) but also had a wood burner put in, painted and carpeted it fully throughout. put in 2 tall Coca-Cola fridges, a small bar, shelving to hold spirits and glasses. a huge flat screen tv, a snooker table with all the added extras, a dart board with chalkboard and mat, two black leather 3-seater sofas and 2 armchairs, and a proper green baize card table and chairs. He has spent a fortune on paraphernalia for the walls, (mostly American themed beers and vintage classic cars).

By the time he finished the project, the women were allowed in!! just to see the finished product. He is really proud of it! When he has barbecues in the summer months, it's full of men only in there, (we women don't mind as we get the pick of garden seats) It proves very popular any time of the year for that lot. The only females allowed are the four legged kind that follow him everywhere.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:56 PM

One was just wondering, whether in today's frenzied PC world, that the expression "Man Cave," was de rigueur!? Somehow, "Person Cave", does'nt have the same effect!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
One was just wondering, whether in today's frenzied PC world, that the expression "Man Cave," was de rigueur!? Somehow, "Person Cave", does'nt have the same effect!!
Good point John. There should at least be a 'Trans' bench.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes i've got one. The back room of our house is my own space. My own TV, fridge, leather recliner with Pink Floyd cushion, Pink Floyd canvas album artwork on the walls and a lovely carpet. I have a black ash cabinet full of Pink Floyd DVDs and CDs and a very large bookcase to house the rest of my DVDs and lots of books too. I also have a large painting of The Crescent Moon by Montague Dawson on the wall. I only use the room on Friday and Saturday evenings when my Mrs. Floydysaurus is watching her garbage on the front room telly, and when I have the time to spend at home that isn't either work or sleep or gym. I love my man cave.
Floydy, do you call your Man Cave, .....................

The Dark Side Of The Room!??
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-01-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by John ->

Floydy, do you call your Man Cave, .....................

The Dark Side Of The Room!??
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-01-2019, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes i've got one. The back room of our house is my own space. My own TV, fridge, leather recliner with Pink Floyd cushion, Pink Floyd canvas album artwork on the walls and a lovely carpet. I have a black ash cabinet full of Pink Floyd DVDs and CDs and a very large bookcase to house the rest of my DVDs and lots of books too. I also have a large painting of The Crescent Moon by Montague Dawson on the wall. I only use the room on Friday and Saturday evenings when my Mrs. Floydysaurus is watching her garbage on the front room telly, and when I have the time to spend at home that isn't either work or sleep or gym. I love my man cave.
That sounds great Floydy. Are females allowed in there? If only to vacuum and polish perhaps.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Do any of you guys have one?
You know, full of your man stuff and the wife is banned? - a place of sanctuary?
I tell you what fender, our Nom has one and would probably be happy to let you use his whilst he is suffering in Hospital. There is just one rule....don't let any women in and he will be grateful if you could sneak a few cans into the hospital for him
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That sounds great Floydy. Are females allowed in there? If only to vacuum and polish perhaps.
Ooh, you're taking your life in your hands there, LD.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top