Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 04:25 PM

Soubry called some names......

......And doesn't like it - wants action taken. Maybe the truth hurts eh?

Odd how she wasn't so vocal when Farage / Mogg & Johnson were abused?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eader-comments
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 05:22 PM

Re: Soubry called some names......

'If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen'

Harry S Trueman
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 05:29 PM

Freedom of speech is one thing, some semi-demented far right moron intimidating an elderly woman is another. Lock him up and throw away the key, I reckon.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 05:30 PM

It's their sheer hypocrisy.
Police officers and others take abuse all the time, but as soon as it happens to them, suddenly the Police should take more action and there should be changes.

Politicians absolutely make me sick. Self serving snakes who don't give a toss about the public - only themselves.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 05:41 PM

I said in the other thread about this that she was vocal about Nigel Farage saying well it was disgusting what she said, so she isn't an innocent in this, but threatening rape is going far too far and that alone should be taken seriously. Personally I think they need to do these interviews inside not on the green. often they are unable to be heard for the yelling so it just seems daft to carry on doing them outside.

Tories generally have hurt so many people I can see this getting worse as time goes on.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

08-01-2019, 06:01 PM

Threatening rape is one thing (and yes, should not be ignored), but "Nazi"? - sticks & stones.......
People on here call others Nazi's / fascists and christ knows what else.
Shall we all call the Police?

My main issue is their selfishness.
It's fine for the public to be intimidated / murdered by the likes of moped crooks / burglars etc, but as soon as they get intimidated / have a few harsh words sent their way it's another matter and the end of the world.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Threatening rape is one thing (and yes, should not be ignored), but "Nazi"? - sticks & stones.......
People on here call others Nazi's / fascists and christ knows what else.
Shall we all call the Police?

My main issue is their selfishness.
It's fine for the public to be intimidated / murdered by the likes of moped crooks / burglars etc, but as soon as they get intimidated / have a few harsh words sent their way it's another matter and the end of the world.
So true fender.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 09:57 PM

Never did like her anyway, she always appears too smug for my liking....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 11:36 PM

People who "Gob Off", want to stop other folk "Gobbing Off", what's that all about?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 08:01 AM

I thought they went too far but....that's politics.

If we start saying it's not acceptable for people to say this or that we are on a very slippery slope of loss of freedom of speech....if she doesn't like the rawness there she should ask to be interviewed in a less hostile environment .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top