Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:30 AM

And we wonder why......

The NHS is in crisis.

Useless MP's strike again.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-Britain.html
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 11:48 AM

Re: And we wonder why......

This is such a difficult issue.
Doctors can't refuse to treat people and staff don't have time or resources to check peoples eligibility or chase up payments, so I can see that causes problems.
I don't see how it can be racist though as people of all races who live here could be treated for free.
I don't know for sure but I don't think other countries would treat people from outside for free.

Perhaps there should be a separate department to deal with this which doesn't have an ethical obligation. Preferably to check on people before folk get seen by medical staff or in an emergency, check passports or with border controls.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
This is such a difficult issue.
Doctors can't refuse to treat people and staff don't have time or resources to check peoples eligibility or chase up payments, so I can see that causes problems.
I don't see how it can be racist though as people of all races who live here could be treated for free.
I don't know for sure but I don't think other countries would treat people from outside for free.

Perhaps there should be a separate department to deal with this which doesn't have an ethical obligation. Preferably to check on people before folk get seen by medical staff or in an emergency, check passports or with border controls.
Other countries manage Tess - we just don't have the will.
And bandying the race card around is just the usual left wing crap.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:39 PM

Why cant the nhs use the same system as private clinics
do, the check in desk is used to check your status with
the clinic or with your creditworthiness before any contact
with medical staff, what is so difficult about that?

Regards Donkeyman!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:44 PM

You can't expect doctors to be border guards.

Different department should see to it.

I'm more concerned about this kind of thing...

A world-class NHS cancer scanning service is being handed over to a private company. [1] It’s all because of a law that forces the NHS to put services up for auction, even if they’re being run well. [2]

But there’s a chance to stop this. Health Secretary Matt Hancock could choose to reverse this decision with the stroke of a pen. [3]

Matt Hancock has promised there will be “no privatisation of the NHS on my watch”. [4] If he knows hundreds of thousands of the public are watching his next move, it could convince him to make good on this promise. Together, we could make him reverse this terrible decision.

Matt Hancock could decide any day now, so we need to act fast. Will you sign the petition right now? It'll only take 30 seconds:

SIGN THE PETITION

This petition was started by Alan from Oxfordshire, who was treated at the cancer scanning service at Churchill Hospital. When he found out it was being handed to a private company, he called on the local council to ask Matt Hancock to intervene. [5] And after 10,000 people from Oxfordshire got involved, he listened! [6]
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:47 PM

Why shouldn't everyone pay, you couldn't go into a shop and expect not to pay for goods or services so why expect it of the NHS?

However, medical staff should not be part of the payment system, a financial admin department should deal with this and screen patients before admission for treatment.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:53 PM

It sickens me. It sickens me that a boat load of scroungers can turn up and get an instant health check unlike the poor buggers here that are ill but have to wait two weeks for a doctor's appointment.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-05-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It sickens me. It sickens me that a boat load of scroungers can turn up and get an instant health check unlike the poor buggers here that are ill but have to wait two weeks for a doctor's appointment.
Yes mate,

Let's put the people who actually pay into the system at the back of the que. You just have to love the Establishment eh?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 02:13 PM

Would it work if we said, "No entry without health insurance!"?
Obviously not for those arriving by illegal means, but for the health tourists, who can afford the fare so could be checked at airports etc.
Lots of countries say you have to have visas so a similar control for ours.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 03:59 PM

When the NHS runs out of money it just gets a load more. Its shocking how much money it wastes because of crap management and stupid decisions.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top