Join for free
Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 08:19 PM

Re: Climate Change.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How do we know Besoeker? There was nobody here and Records had not been kept when it happened last time...
We have records for at least one hundred years. The rate has doubled in the last fifty years.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Quote. "The average temperature has risen by just one degree over the last 150 years"
Do these people not realise that at one time the whole of upper Europe was covered in a thick covering of ice. We called it the Ice Age. What caused that to melt if it was not climate change. round about a hundred years it was nothing for the Thames to freeze over and fairs and markets were held on the ice. These protesters should remember this before unfurling their banners and causing mayhem. Climate change is natural and although we may, and I say may, be able to slow it down we will never control it.
Good post BB and most of the protestors have only been on
this planet for 20yrs or so?
The planet is definitely warming up! What can we do about bit??
Regards Donkeyman!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 08:33 PM

what a load of rubbish about climate change. It is a natural occurrence like having the ice age in the past.

As for the demonstrations we have seen it all before with ban the bomb- save the trees (motorway construction) and many more. What actually was done by the government?? nothing.

It is one of those protests by those who have nothing better to do with their time
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I've just seen this comment somewhere on www.order-order.com

Last night my children lectured me on climate change

I came down this morning to find they'd left the lights on
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wonder if the many hundreds of kids attending these protests are willing to forego the trip to school in `mum's taxi` (dad's taxis are also available) and either use public transport or walk? Wonder if they are willing to stop going on holiday to foreign resorts because it involves flying and would go to British holiday resorts instead? How about giving up their mobile phones, tablets and laptops? These are made using rare earth metals ripped from the ground using explosives and open-cast mining. The same with lithium for use in batteries of all description. Are they willing to give those up too?

No, I didn't think so. Another case of do as I say, not as I do. Hypocrites the lot of 'em.

Such things probably never crossed their little minds!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 08:55 AM

Thank you all for so many interesting thoughts on this subject.
I posted the same post on another forum at the same time as I posted on this and up to now have had just two responses both blaming the government,s lack of action to combat climate change.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-09-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Thank you all for so many interesting thoughts on this subject.
I posted the same post on another forum at the same time as I posted on this and up to now have had just two responses both blaming the government,s lack of action to combat climate change.
A snowflake forum?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:07 AM

FWIW I'm firmly on the side of those who believe that climate change is taking place and that while possibly not being anthropogenic it is definitely being made infinitely worse by the activities of mankind.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
FWIW I'm firmly on the side of those who believe that climate change is taking place and that while possibly not being anthropogenic it is definitely being made infinitely worse by the activities of mankind.
Of course it's taking place Todger......It has been thus for the last umpteen billion years. You'll be telling us next that we are responsible for shorter days in the winter....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Of course it's taking place Todger......It has been thus for the last umpteen billion years. You'll be telling us next that we are responsible for shorter days in the winter....
What mankind is doing now is breaking the processes where cyclic climate change was catered for.

It's not just releasing captured carbon, it's by introducing exotic polutants that are not found in nature and destroying the marine environment which has a huge effect on the biosphere.

Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top