Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 07:03 PM

car adverts.

Have you noticed that most cars advertised on television are priced in Pounds Sterling but the actual car is left hand drive, Has foreign number plates and drives on the right hand side of the road.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 07:14 PM

Re: car adverts.

Probably because cars are released on the continent first, and the advertisements reflect this, same in car magazines, they nearly always show a new model in left hand drive...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 08:10 PM

good reason to br ....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 08:43 PM

What I've noticed about car adverts is the emphasis on image that the car is intended to create than anything of real relevance to the vehicle. Like how it you drive a ****** it makes you something special.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Have you noticed that most cars advertised on television are priced in Pounds Sterling but the actual car is left hand drive, Has foreign number plates and drives on the right hand side of the road.
Good point It wouldn't be too hard to reflect the video on a mirror and photoshop the number plate/car nameplate

After all, if it was simple enough for Columbo to catch Dick Van Dyke, it surely can't be beyond the wit of mankind.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What I've noticed about car adverts is the emphasis on image that the car is intended to create than anything of real relevance to the vehicle. Like how it you drive a ****** it makes you something special.

Yes noticed that. I heard one on the radio " make a statement".
I don't get it, it's transport not fashion
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Ah yes, you are right, but our choice of Suzuki will be RH drive because like us Japan requires all drivers to drive on the LH side of the road; and talking of which, is your Splash still running smoothly and without trouble?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 02:19 PM

It is something that has always bugged me tbh. You would think manufacturers would be able to afford a separate advert for RHD countries.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Ah yes, you are right, but our choice of Suzuki will be RH drive because like us Japan requires all drivers to drive on the LH side of the road; and talking of which, is your Splash still running smoothly and without trouble?
Still running well and not a spot of trouble.
Just renewed my insurance £344. FC. Which 'aint bad considering my age.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 04:53 PM

Works OK for me both my cars are left hand drive

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top