Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Life In The Year 2100?

As my 5th and 6th Great Grandchildren will arrive, in the world, in the next couple of weeks, I find myself wondering what life will be like, for them, when they get to my age.

That would be at, around, 2100 AD.

What will they live on?

What will they eat?

What will life be like?

Given that many jobs will, by then, be done by robots, and that most travel might be in driverless vehicles, and that artificial growing of food might have become more of a norm, what will they do all day?

From where will they get their money?

As the countryside disappears under the weight of new houses (and shopping malls) where will they live, or take their relaxation, etc?

Since I have lived life since the mid 1930s, I have seen so many changes.

Is it now worth worrying about what's to come for them?

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 09:52 PM

Re: Life In The Year 2100?

How lovely,that you have two great grandchildren arriving in the next few weeks...I love babies..

Not sure about the future,Ted...rejoice that they will be in the here and now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
As my 5th and 6th Great Grandchildren will arrive, in the world, in the next couple of weeks, I find myself wondering what life will be like, for them, when they get to my age.

That would be at, around, 2100 AD.

What will they live on?

What will they eat?

What will life be like?

Given that many jobs will, by then, be done by robots, and that most travel might be in driverless vehicles, and that artificial growing of food might have become more of a norm, what will they do all day?

From where will they get their money?

As the countryside disappears under the weight of new houses (and shopping malls) where will they live, or take their relaxation, etc?

Since I have lived life since the mid 1930s, I have seen so many changes.

Is it now worth worrying about what's to come for them?

A lot of folks have professed to care about what happens down the line, not sure they really meant it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:19 PM

I'll be long gone, so will my children so we'll never know.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:36 PM

I've held off answering this as my views are not optimistic. But just to cheer you up on a gloomy November night here goes...

Life on Earth has always been a challenge. I think there will be some devastating world wars in the next hundred years and this will be followed by global harmony. It will be in part due to the collapse of capitalism and a sharp reduction in scarce resources, energy, food, water. Life could be a combination of the film "what happened to Monday" and "Children of men".

We have lived through the best of times IMO.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:40 PM

There has to come a time when pre-emption has to stop, and accept this race may be on a predetermined trajectory.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:47 PM

You believe in destiny?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:55 PM

They will probably be still trying to escape from eurofilth!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

09-11-2019, 11:57 PM

That's a difficult question, spending time watching, seeing folks popping in and out, with varying degrees of self awareness, modifying perceptions all the time, there is probably a destiny out there, but, tomorrow the destiny could be turned on it's head, that's faith, probably.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-11-2019, 12:04 AM

Or perhaps the turning on it's head is a part of destiny? It's interesting though isn't it that if there are laws of nature that do not sway from their path then we could be very much locked into a certain future which we can do nothing to influence.

It's very much an Eastern philosophy to just accept what comes because going against the flow just causes you pain. Very much opposed by Nietzsche of course, but then he did go mad in the end.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top