Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 04:44 PM

Re: Yoga for men

Position 2789:
Embrace the Difficult
(Colloquially known as Hold the Hard)

Kneel on your yoga mat facing the dawn...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not half my Dongles. I do 3 classes a week, and have been doing Yoga for the last 6 or 7 years now. I do mine with the Hindu people and they are much more gentle and spiritual than the English tutors I have met, who tend to work more physically and not on the mind as well.

I would suggest you go to a proper class if possible though, just in case you do something wrong on your own, and hurt yourself. I like doing it in the company of others anyway.
Actually you could do both. If you learned the proper way with a tutor, then you can still practice what you've learned at home the rest of the week by yourself.
They do say it has got to be done every day to get the benefits though, it's no good just occasionally, that will not benefit you at all.

P.S. I find the yoga breathing useful in other situations too, like if I can't sleep for example. It relaxes me.
Last year I had to have a MRI scan and I really, really hate being shut in that tunnel. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my yoga breathing and when they hooked me out, they congratulated me and seemed surprised that I hadn't moved a muscle.
Thanks Mups. I think I would prefer to try at home first so I don't make a fool of myself (like at what point can I eat cakes) but I can see what you mean about the breathing. It's pointless if the breathing is wrong.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Position 2789:
Embrace the Difficult
(Colloquially known as Hold the Hard)

Kneel on your yoga mat facing the dawn...
Who's Dawn?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Who's Dawn?
Your yoga partner!
Duh..

She will be kneeling behind you in the next move. ..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-01-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well the sight of our local yoga teacher will certainly raise your blood pressure.
That could be embarrassing if I'm wearing Lycra.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-01-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Your yoga partner!
Duh..

She will be kneeling behind you in the next move. ..
Sold!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-01-2017, 04:53 PM

So come on, are there any blokes out there doing it or do I need to watch more rugby and chop some logs?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 05:19 PM

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-01-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Heaven!

I could do 'The upside down umbrella'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 05:59 PM

Dongles, don't listen to these other men, they are jealous and trying to lead you astray, a thoroughly bad influence.
Me and Rhian will come and hold your hand and keep you on the straight and narrow.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top