Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Re: Have you ever dealt with disordered eating?

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes I believed this too . At one time I was 8 and a half stone
I loved it , clothes were loose on me and I loved the fact I could buy a size 12 , I loved the feeling of being thin , but and this is a big one , what I saw in the mirror was FAT , so I'd not eat properly till I thought I was thinner . Also remember when you've lost the lbs you have left over skin which hangs around it doesn't just melt away , yet I was active too . Body dismorfia is awful .

Now I'm a chubby again , even at my age not liking what I see , but I've done it all so many times I can't go there again , so I'm trying to be active eat healthy and keep as well as I can , I don't want to be thin any more .
It is awful, I agree. And what's weird with me is when I'm skinny, I'm not skinny enough. But when I'm overweight, I don't think that I am.

I'm all screwed up
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 03:04 PM

I've had my embarrassing issue for as many years as i can remember,
I dont eat wet food, i.e tins of anything...tomatoes,spaghetti,beans ect, most people i know including family have no idea....when i attend family/friends do's i will just have an option thats dry...it dosent seem to have affected my weight..I'm a size 10 ish..(somtimes a loose 10/or tight 10) it hasnt changed or morphed into anything else....weird i know but @ just over 50 i'm used to it & happy to stay as i am.
An Analysis may be a that i chocked on wet food as a baby/child...who knows.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:47 PM

I keep ensure on hand, if I can't eat, I drink a bottle of that at meal times.

I don't know what it would be in UK.....it is a nutrient drink.

https://ensure.ca/en/products
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I keep ensure on hand, if I can't eat, I drink a bottle of that at meal times.

I don't know what it would be in UK.....it is a nutrient drink.

https://ensure.ca/en/products
Looks the same as all products in similar bottles to me, i.e. nothing but a little bottle of sugar !

The Ensure bottle I just looked at had 20g of sugar in it.

i.e. 20g per serving.

That's 5 teaspoons of sugar in that little pot.

Horrendous.

Not what I would want to be ingesting if I were ill.

Each to their own though
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:28 AM

Ingredients List for the Vanilla flavour Ensure Plus:

Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Blend of Vegetable Oils (Canola, Corn), Milk Protein Concentrate, Soy Protein Isolate. Less than 0.5% of: Natural & Artificial Flavor, Nonfat Milk, Magnesium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Citrate, Cellulose Gel, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Salt, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Potassium Hydroxide, Ferrous Sulfate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Vitamin D3, and Vitamin B12

Canola Oil would concern me. It is a Genetically Modified food from Canada and considered by some to be very toxic.

Choline Chloride also not something I would want in my foods.

In the end, there is no substitute for the good simple products of Nature. Healing doesn't come in cute little bottles. These are just (imho) unhealthy products sold using nice marketing which the manufacturers pile with sugar which results in people being fooled into thinking it's a pleasurable product and gives them a boost.

It's of course fake. Any product you pile sugar into will act likewise, making the person think "ummmm that's tasty" but it will give them a temporary feeling of euphoria followed by the inevitable sugar crash. Yakults and Actimels I would put in the same category plus another "energy" milkshake that another poster mentioned in another thread (can't remember its name now). All the same, just little bottles of sugar.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top