Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 01:57 PM

Re: Bra Fitting.

Hi pauline, I went along for a bra fitting with my DIL's, granddaughters and their friends. It was a special service they were holding at a local lingerie shop. (we live in the country so don't have the opportunity of a proper bra fitting service - ever!)

It was the best thing I ever did. The bra that I was wearing at the time was completely wrong in the straps and under the arms. too tight under and too loose with the straps. I couldn't believe how well the correct size fitting was, and the difference it made.

I then made a point of buying the bra's that I wanted in my new size - at M&S. 100% cotton, full cup and non-padded, they only cost £18 and I now have a dozen of them in different colours. I confidently buy them from M&S online now as I know they will fit snug and correctly. love them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi pauline, I went along for a bra fitting with my DIL's, granddaughters and their friends. It was a special service they were holding at a local lingerie shop. (we live in the country so don't have the opportunity of a proper bra fitting service - ever!)

It was the best thing I ever did. The bra that I was wearing at the time was completely wrong in the straps and under the arms. too tight under and too loose with the straps. I couldn't believe how well the correct size fitting was, and the difference it made.

I then made a point of buying the bra's that I wanted in my new size - at M&S. 100% cotton, full cup and non-padded, they only cost £18 and I now have a dozen of them in different colours. I confidently buy them from M&S online now as I know they will fit snug and correctly. love them.
That sounds like the same ones I buy, Shroppy - the most comfortable bras I've ever bought ... and a bargain at only £18.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 02:25 PM

Hi

Bra fitting, a good job for a man.

I am not Boob Mad, bigger is not better.

I am more a BSH Man.

British Standard Handful.

Silicone does nothing for me, neither does Botox or enlarged lips.

So, so false.

I prefer ladies with lines on their face, shows they have had a life.

Whilst I can admire beauty, it is subjective.

I could never fancy someone who looked the same age as my daughter.

There are so many, interesting and beautiful older women out there.

Intelligence, laughter lines, yes yes and yes.

Silicone and Botox is a big no no.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That sounds like the same ones I buy, Shroppy - the most comfortable bras I've ever bought ... and a bargain at only £18.
Great minds (and boobs) think alike!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

11-04-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Bra fitting, a good job for a man.

I am not Boob Mad, bigger is not better.

I am more a BSH Man.

British Standard Handful.

Silicone does nothing for me, neither does Botox or enlarged lips.

So, so false.

I prefer ladies with lines on their face, shows they have had a life.

Whilst I can admire beauty, it is subjective.

I could never fancy someone who looked the same age as my daughter.

There are so many, interesting and beautiful older women out there.

Intelligence, laughter lines, yes yes and yes.

Silicone and Botox is a big no no.
Swimmy, that reminds me of what WHMO said once when before the children came along, I once moaned to him about me missing out in the boobs department,Instead of the compliment I was expecting, He said "The perfect size boob should fit snugly into an old fashioned champagne glass". then he looked at me, grinned and said "definitely not a liqueur glass!" Cheeky Beggar!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Yes,it's great when you are in the right fitting bra,..unfortunately I am unable to but any bras in a department store,....I have a very small back,30inch....and a hh,cup,..but these that I bought,have made the world of difference,supportive,comfortable,..I know I paid a lot for them,but well worth it,when I go back to visit my son,I will definitely go back to that shop and buy more,...also I wash them by hand,rather that put them in the washing machine ,..I don't think the w,machine is good for the elastic,
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes,it's great when you are in the right fitting bra,..unfortunately I am unable to but any bras in a department store,....I have a very small back,30inch....and a hh,cup,..but these that I bought,have made the world of difference,supportive,comfortable,..I know I paid a lot for them,but well worth it,when I go back to visit my son,I will definitely go back to that shop and buy more,...also I wash them by hand,rather that put them in the washing machine ,..I don't think the w,machine is good for the elastic,
I'm surprised you can stand up properly.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 02:30 PM

The discrepancy in different stores' sizes varies alarmingly.
I had to return two M&S ones as they were so small compared to the Sainsburys Tu ones in the same size.
I can recommend these at only £7.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 06:10 PM

No! Never and I find it frustrating as ever.
In fact I have always had a difficult time fitting into bras.
My chest size is extra large ( from swimming ) while my bust size is average so bras never quite match up. Also whenever I get sports bras I always end up with that uniboob look which I find really unattrarctive.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 12:54 PM

Why do large men always stand in front of the the Thong Rail staring at them? Is it wishful thinking? Or, sit on chairs with sticky out feet so you will fall over them? And another thing why do women want to take their husbands/partners lingerie shopping?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top