Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 06:42 AM

Re: When in Rome...

Hi

Surfermom, if you do ever come to the UK you will find our Security very different.

It is very laid back and unobtrusive, very different to the USA and others.

The nature of my job was such that I am a person of interest.

My passport is flagged.

There is so much metal in me I set off every alarm.

In most Countries, I sail through, they check the flag, a good guy.

Nothing is too much trouble for them then.

Your Border Security in the USA is a nightmare, a paranoid set of idiots.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 04:41 PM

I admit to feeling like a an excited school girl about to leave for Europe. It's been months in planning, but I am ready to take everything as it comes. You all have heard me say that a holiday becomes an adventure the first moment something goes wrong, so adventure is what I am expecting. I am most excited introducing my well-deserving and healthy daughter the world!

I appreciate all very helpful suggestions and kindnesses.

Though I am late to cruising, your input helped with the decision to go with this ship and its itineary

If you have 16 minutes to kill:

I will reciprocate (when I have internet) with all of the great photos you all have shared.

See you all in late August!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 05:30 PM

Surfermom

I do hope you enjoy your jaunt. Trip of a lifetime?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 04:56 AM

Hi Surfermom....you will love Azamara I have sailed on Quest before and on Journey both lovely ships I believe they have just purchased P&O Adonia too the smallest of the P&O fleet.....I'm in Rome 31st Aug but just on my way to Civitavecchia...then moving onto Greece and the Dalmation coast.

You will have a lovely time it's difficult not to on Azamara ...take advantage of the port lectures on board the speakers are experts on what to see and the history of the places on the tour....have fun!

Oops...I just checked and actually Azamarza Pursuit is in fact what used to be P&O Adonia...a lovely ship you will love it
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 04:16 AM

I'm amazed I missed this thread, and I didn't even know Surfermom was in Italy.
I went there numerous times on detachment with the RAF, staying in a town called Pordenone near the Aviano U.S. Air Base. Venice was just 40 miles away and I was there almost every day collecting and despatching AWACS spares.
We had visits to verona, the Dolomites often and Lido de Jesolo.
Love the place.
Hope you're having a great time Surfermom
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 04:52 AM

And from me....hope you are having an amazing time
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Italy exceeded my expectations ten-fold. The people are friendly, tolerant of the tourists, and very helpful. I just can't say enough about how lovely they were. The architecture was breathtaking and the art...well, I was reduced to tears when I saw the Pieta. The geography is stunning, and the transportation, including driving on the autostrada, was a snap!

It really was a trip of a lifetime. I will get to all that city stuff later, but for now and hopefullybetter late than never:

(I'll post different locations when I can get to them.)

One from our first night in Rome just to get things started, and the rest were during our last days in northern Italy, hiking the Dolomites:

[url=https://ibb.co/1RLQ739]
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

29-09-2019, 05:42 PM

Ooo, I almost forgot my favorite place:

Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 06:45 PM

Wooooooooaw!!!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Ooo, I almost forgot my favorite place:

twin baby boy names unique
That is amazing.

The other photos are pretty good too.

Well done, thanks & welcome back Surfermom

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top