Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 07:41 AM

My phone is dead

This morning I took my mobile phone off charge and tried to switch it on. Nothing. It's fully charged but the phone is not working.
The button on the side doesn't turn it on, nor the one on the front.
It's a Samsung 2016 J3 which I don't have on contract because I bought it outright and only pay the Giff Gaff tariff for the internet monthly.

Any ideas why my phone won't work?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Re: My phone is dead

Not a clue Floydy, these devices are a law unto themselves, my iPhone says I have 49% battery remaining, next time I look 1%, put it on charge, and immediately it says 50%, god help us in an emergency.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not a clue Floydy, these devices are a law unto themselves, my iPhone says I have 49% battery remaining, next time I look 1%, put it on charge, and immediately it says 50%, god help us in an emergency.
I've had that before too, Spitty. My phone saying about 50% then it just dies.
This is something different though as my phone has been on charge all night so I think it's another problem.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-08-2019, 07:51 AM

It's all Twink's fault to stop me posting on here during the night at work. She's turned into a Gremlin
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 07:56 AM

Found this which might help Floydy:

Force your phone to restart while plugged into a charger.
While plugged into a wall outlet, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for about 10 to 20 seconds or until the Samsung logo appears. This might help if your device is just frozen and stuck on black screen but still has power.

There's a section on this link specifically for this problem, just look through the list of topics provided:

https://thedroidguy.com/samsung-gala...roubleshooting

Mine is an iPhone so I know nothing about Samsung mobiles but the 'rebooting' as described has sorted out the few problems I've had in the past. Good luck!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-08-2019, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Found this which might help Floydy:

Force your phone to restart while plugged into a charger.
While plugged into a wall outlet, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for about 10 to 20 seconds or until the Samsung logo appears. This might help if your device is just frozen and stuck on black screen but still has power.

There's a section on this link specifically for this problem, just look through the list of topics provided:

https://thedroidguy.com/samsung-gala...roubleshooting

Mine is an iPhone so I know nothing about Samsung mobiles but the 'rebooting' as described has sorted out the few problems I've had in the past. Good luck!
Baz, you are a superstar mate!!
I tried your first method. Two seconds and it turned on! This saves me so much time and probably a lot of expense today.
Cheers pal!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's all Twink's fault to stop me posting on here during the night at work. She's turned into a Gremlin
I have always been one Floydy, why do you think I am never on the forum after dark?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:08 AM

Baz, you are a superstar mate!!
I tried your first method. Two seconds and it turned on! This saves me so much time and probably a lot of expense today.
Cheers pal!
You are more than welcome, pleased it worked.

Mobile phones are after all just small computers and like their larger counterparts sometimes get themselves in a twist, that method is just the same as on laptops / desktops when you reboot them. Similar also to clearing all history and cookies, it clears the problem and starts from afresh. I've found that it does pay to do this once in a while anyway, it just clears out everything that could potentially cause problems.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-08-2019, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have always been one Floydy, why do you think I am never on the forum after dark?
Just as long as they don't feed you after midnight, twink

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
You are more than welcome, pleased it worked.

Mobile phones are after all just small computers and like their larger counterparts sometimes get themselves in a twist, that method is just the same as on laptops / desktops when you reboot them. Similar also to clearing all history and cookies, it clears the problem and starts from afresh. I've found that it does pay to do this once in a while anyway, it just clears out everything that could potentially cause problems.
Thanks for the tip Baz. I'll be getting a new phone soon anyway but this could have been a catastrophe. It's surprising how much we rely on our phone nowadays. I was even considering buying a new watch as I don't normally wear one. Imagine still being at work tomorrow morning when everybody else had gone home?!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:22 AM

Just as long as they don't feed you after midnight, twink
What a shame, I could eat a bacon sarnie at any time>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top