Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 07:23 PM

Re: Appetite control

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Apple cider vinegar works wonders for suppressing appetite
I've heard about apple cider vinegar before, didn't know it could be used in dieting though. There are some side-effects though if too much is taken, apparently:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ar-weight-loss

As well as using apple cider vinegar as an aid to dieting, there are other uses for it so it seems it's quite useful one way and another:

https://www.culinarynutrition.com/20...cider-vinegar/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 10:27 PM

Run five miles a day and you can eat what you like and never put on any weight.........simples!....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Run five miles a day and you can eat what you like and never put on any weight.........simples!....
I'd chase you any day, OGF, and twice on Sundays!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

You little hussy, Tabs.

Bet Foxy slows down tomorrow.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Being chased is half the fun, the other half is being caught....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 08:44 AM

Eating anything sugary will inevitably generate a "crash" sometime afterwards and that will create a hunger pang and see you reaching for snacks. Your body isn't actually hungry at that point, it doesn't need more energy, but the sugar crash fools you into believing you are hungry and so you reach for snacks.

It's not the chocolate cake or similar stuff that itself causes weight gain and related issues it's residual effect of teh crash and subsequent snacking.

Most commonly happens with people drinking fizzy pop drinks like cola. Just a wickedly horrible substance imho.

Eat good foods and you stay filled up for long periods of time.

Porridge, good cereals, fresh fruit, fresh veg etc
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:36 PM

That's what does it OGF. When I was cycling 50/60 miles a week (this was only a couple of years ago), I could eat any amount and not put on weight.

Since I stopped doing that, I have put on a bit of weight around the middle. I'm still wearing 34" waist trousers but they all seem to have shrunk a bit. The thing I ask myself is should I worry about putting on a bit of a middle at my age? Maybe not.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-08-2019, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
That's what does it OGF. When I was cycling 50/60 miles a week (this was only a couple of years ago), I could eat any amount and not put on weight.

Since I stopped doing that, I have put on a bit of weight around the middle. I'm still wearing 34" waist trousers but they all seem to have shrunk a bit. The thing I ask myself is should I worry about putting on a bit of a middle at my age? Maybe not.
I think it probably helps to put on a few pounds as we get older Mart, it keeps you warm in the winter and gives you some resources to fight infection and disease. I'm the same as you, I seem to have expanded a little bit around the middle (34" waist) since I stopped doing the heavy mileage, but I shall fight tooth and nail to keep my mobility....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 07:50 PM

I think it probably helps to put on a few pounds as we get older Mart, it keeps you warm in the winter and gives you some resources to fight infection and disease. I'm the same as you, I seem to have expanded a little bit around the middle (34" waist) since I stopped doing the heavy mileage, but I shall fight tooth and nail to keep my mobility....
Me too. I'll keep up my cycling, much as it is these days. I still ride the manual bike sometimes but maybe it was a mistake (fitness-wise) to get an e-bike. I walk briskly a lot as well though.

I've never had to be careful in the amounts I eat. I'm not sure I could start being careful now. Anyway, I was always a bit skinny and trying to put weight on if anything, so maybe I'm succeeding at last.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-08-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Me too. I'll keep up my cycling, much as it is these days. I still ride the manual bike sometimes but maybe it was a mistake (fitness-wise) to get an e-bike. I walk briskly a lot as well though.

I've never had to be careful in the amounts I eat. I'm not sure I could start being careful now. Anyway, I was always a bit skinny and trying to put weight on if anything, so maybe I'm succeeding at last.
We are very much alike Mart....As a schoolboy I actually visited the doctors to see if there was anyway I could bulk up a bit..... Such a skinny wretch.....He told me to go home and not to worry....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top