Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 09:54 AM

Re: The Confession

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Is it me or has this been on before? The story and the characters look familiar.
No, not you . Trevor McDonald did a documentary last year about this case .
I'm not going to watch this so called drama having watched that .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
No, not you . Trevor McDonald did a documentary last year about this case .
I'm not going to watch this so called drama having watched that .
Ah yes, maybe it's that I remember.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 10:16 AM

awwww, I was hoping it was going to be really good, I've recorded it but I don't know if I'll bother to watch it now...........did no one like it?

It#s got 7.8 rating on IMDB
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
awwww, I was hoping it was going to be really good, I've recorded it but I don't know if I'll bother to watch it now...........did no one like it?

It's a true story about a missing young woman so no way can it be described as good LQ .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 10:58 AM

It's a true story about a missing young woman so no way can it be described as good LQ .
OK, perhaps I worded it wrong, was it not worth watching . I don't remember this story so I wanted to watch it but everyone is switching off so perhaps the storyline is too slow.
Zuleika
North West UK

03-09-2019, 11:24 AM

LQ that was only the first episode . It's really about the detective's downfall after the method he used to extract a confession .
The Trevor McDonald documentary about the Sian O' Callagha case is on YouTube if you want to get a quick look at the story instead of watching 6 hours of this .
Your choice .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

LQ, I think that, to be able to understand the dramatization of this true story, you need to understand the relationships between the people.....and that is sometimes is a bit slow.
I enjoy programmes like this because it helps me understand why the police need to establish how the victim related to different people.

I think I saw parts of this story before, on Judge Rinders crime stories, where the policeman breaks the rules to get a confession. It helps you understand the emotions of trying to find a girl, or her body, when your heart tells you that you have the right criminal.
I will certainly watch it!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 01:29 PM

That always gets a bit awkward doesn't it.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 09:55 PM

My wife watched it tonight and thought it was ok. As for myself, I prefer the real life story, told as a documentary. I always feel uncomfortable with actors playing the parts of real people involved in the case. As it has been said, this crime has been shown before, so best to check that out, rather than wade through six episodes.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 08:00 AM

I was getting bored, it was too slow for me and the camera man kept on zooming into their faces and zooming out again. Don't know if I will be watching the next episode or not.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top