Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 07:05 PM

Re: 5G Networks

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Part of Baz's quote:

"Research so far shows that it is unlikely mobile phones could increase the risk of brain tumours or other types of cancer. But we still need to know more about any potential long-term effects."

Hello Baz, your quote above doesn't confirm for sure there is no link, does it. It only says "Unlikely", then finishes up by saying they still need to know more though!

To me that reads like they are not 100% sure.

It's like all the folks who thought they were doing the right thing by giving up cigarettes and turning to Vaping instead.
How can they say the long term affects of that when it hasn't been tested long term yet?

I read somewhere the other day, there have now been 5 deaths attributed to Vaping - SO FAR.

Time will tell whether this is just the beginning or not, but hey, the companies have been making a nice profit all this time anyway.
Mups – That website was one of many found, I chose it as Cancer Research are possibly more than likely to have their figures correct as research into cancer is what they do.

If you read further down the text on that link there is another link containing more information, some of which is below and might clarify their results a little more:

"Group 2B – this is the one that mobile phones now fall under – means something is “possibly carcinogenic to humans”. It means there is “limited evidence” that something causes cancer in people, and even the evidence from animal studies is “less than sufficient”. Group 2B means that there is some evidence for a risk but it’s not that convincing. This group ends up being a bit of a catch-all category, and includes everything from carpentry to chloroform."

I guess that if mobile phone use has increased by 500% in the years between the 1990s and 2016 but their figures show an increase of 34% in cancer then it's not exactly indicating what would be expected with that rise in mobile phones but there are still cases of cancer which means they cannot say for sure these are not caused by mobile phone use. Only really long-term research will confirm or deny the link to mobile phones and that has to take place before they know any more.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 10:07 AM

Regards to mobile phones and cancers... The only thing I know is that a professor /inventor who worked at the BT Research Centre in Suffolk, and was our next door neighbour, would not allow his family to use a mobile phone other than for sending messages.
This was long before the public had any information of possible cancers connected to mobile use.
So maybe in the early years there was a need for worry, but they have been so modified now, there are probably more everyday things just as high a risk as they might be.

20 yrs ago we didn't really have mobiles, and do wonder what the next 20yrs will bring.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am lucky if I can get 3G where I live so I don't even have a smart phone and 5G will pass me by....
Exactly Meg. I think they are jumping the gun as as always but the usual suspects will just have to have it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top