Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 04:32 PM

Re: Why do we like to be frightened?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, I have seen all of them. I wonder how many people sat there shouting 'No! DON'T STICK YOUR HAND DOWN THE WASTE DISPOSAL'?

Oooh...don't remember that bit!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I tend not to watch horrors, I never find them scary. Sometimes when something pops up on the screen suddenly or unexpectedly it can make me jump but I wouldn't say it was scary.

Things that scare me are the ones where you can see the disaster or whatever could actually happen in real life.

I do like a bit of blood and guts, watched No country for old men last night, that had plenty

He didn't die, he was kidnapped.

As much as I like Rick I thought the series improved after he left.
I didn't know that Nicol.... I thought he died on the bridge... its ages since I watched it :}
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 06:58 PM

I've never understood why anyone likes films like SAW, far too much blood and gore. Some folk have murderous minds who think up such a storyline for a film
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I didn't know that Nicol.... I thought he died on the bridge... its ages since I watched it :}
He was kidnapped/rescued by some people who arrived in a helicopter, he was injured. His friends spent a long time looking for his body, assuming he was dead.

I think his exit was done like that so the door was left open for him to return. I don't know if him leaving was ever supposed to be permanent or if he just needed a temporary break.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oooh...don't remember that bit!
Just for you Jazzi.

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 02:15 PM

Nah, don’t think I want to watch!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Nah, don’t think I want to watch!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
He was kidnapped/rescued by some people who arrived in a helicopter, he was injured. His friends spent a long time looking for his body, assuming he was dead.

I think his exit was done like that so the door was left open for him to return. I don't know if him leaving was ever supposed to be permanent or if he just needed a temporary break.
Thanks for the update I might do some catching up
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I went on the Ghost Train on Blackpool Pleasure Beach when I was around 13 .It was a youth club trip . We each had a lad to hold our hand . It was all laughing and sudden screaming iirc ,not really scary as such .

I never watch horror or scary films deliberately .
This would pretty much cover my answer and what with this ‘WE’ bit? We don’t all enjoy being frightened. I’ve never been into horror films. A thriller perhaps but that’s more of an ‘excited suspense.’

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top