Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 01:15 PM

Re: The Prorogation Court Case

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ah, thanks Bread. I have never heard that before. I wonder why results are German? Anyway, perhaps that's another thread.

Cheers!
No idea why you get German results

Here is the link to the Parliament description

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/...s/prorogation/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 01:25 PM

Hi

It now appears that the Supreme Court are focusing on the reason why Boris closed Parliament.

There is no signed affidavit from Boris that he did so solely to allow a Queens Speech to be made.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Should your first sentence not be 'unlawful' rather than 'lawful' ?
First, and importantly, there is the widely recognised principle that no governmental legal power is unfettered. All legal powers held by a government are legally finite, and their boundaries are determined, e.g. by reference to the purposes for which they may, and may not, legitimately be used. The same goes for the prorogation power.
Those powers are legally limited by the purposes for which they may legitimately be used. What those purposes are is a legal question for determination by courts in the ordinary way, and that is what the supreme court is expected to rule on.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
no idea why you get german results

Here is the link to the parliament description

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/...s/prorogation/
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ah, thanks Bread. I have never heard that before. I wonder why results are German? Anyway, perhaps that's another thread.

Cheers!

Becausedyou spelled it wrongly.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 05:09 PM

Actually, I think John Major appearing before the Supreme Court is an absolute disgrace. To think that a former Tory Prime Minister is hanging onto the skirt of Gina Miller, against the present Tory Prime Minister, defies belief. He could and should have brought a separate proceedings if he wanted to fight against the suspension of Parliament.

Also, he is such a hypocrite! He was accused of proroguing Parliament himself in 1997 to suppress a ‘’cash for questions’’ report that reared its head during that year's general election campaign. I believe it concerned two Egyptians paying two Tory MP’s to ask questions in Parliament, pertaining to the Harrods boss.

Traitor he certainly is.

He should not throw stones at Boris’s character either. We haven’t forgotten his well-publicised affair with Edwina Curry!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Actually, I think John Major appearing before the Supreme Court is an absolute disgrace. To think that a former Tory Prime Minister is hanging onto the skirt of Gina Miller, against the present Tory Prime Minister, defies belief. He could and should have brought a separate proceedings if he wanted to fight against the suspension of Parliament.

Also, he is such a hypocrite! He was accused of proroguing Parliament himself in 1997 to suppress a ‘’cash for questions’’ report that reared its head during that year's general election campaign. I believe it concerned two Egyptians paying two Tory MP’s to ask questions in Parliament, pertaining to the Harrods boss.

Traitor he certainly is.

He should not throw stones at Boris’s character either. We haven’t forgotten his well-publicised affair with Edwina Curry!

Aligning the pound to the DM and not telling anyone was a big mistake as well.

Spitting Image is his legacy and that's about it
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 11:12 AM

Women fall for men with power, it's in their genes.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 01:25 PM

Traitor he certainly is.

He was not considered a strong PM.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...o-1454356.html

David Hart, general secretary of the National Association of Head Teachers. Voted Conservative 1992: 'He has allowed himself to be blown off course, in my view, not just on the economic front where he foolishly stuck to the ERM, but also allowed the Maastricht rebels to run rings around him.'

Did he know what he was doing? Makes you wonder!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 02:07 PM

What Nadira Singh and her supporters are trying to say is this -

We think the prorogation of Parliament is undemocratic

We want it to sit again so that we can overthrow the result of the EU Referendum

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top