Join for free
Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:04 PM

Re: No talent "art""

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The blue square is a different story to the green square.
I always associate blue with daylight. To me, this piece represents the switch to BST. The square on the left is one day, the square on the right is the next day, and the white stripe represents the missing hour that causes so many of us so much head scratching, wondering where it went.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:12 PM

Marge is very grateful for the compliments, and so am I!

While I've been reading all this (and other posts) she's polished off some little notelets to go in with her sales.

I do quite like these, although I suppose these could also be described as 'modern art'.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	15901  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I always associate blue with daylight. To me, this piece represents the switch to BST. The square on the left is one day, the square on the right is the next day, and the white stripe represents the missing hour that causes so many of us so much head scratching, wondering where it went.

You should have been an art critic!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

You should have been an art critic!
Being a critic comes very easy to me, JBR, and I don't just mean art.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:35 PM

But this all happens in a little world that you are no part of. How then is it able to dumb you down?
Oh, it does not "dumb ME down". Why ? Simple ! Because I reject it.
It does , however, have a dumbing effect on many others. Why does it have a dumbing down effect on others ? Again, simple.
Because such so-called "art" can be interpreted as ANYTHING. Maybe it's sadness, or happiness or cruelty or kindness or jealousy. Who the hell knows ? In point of fact we would need the explanation of an art professor, or art critic to explain it to us. A painted 4 sided green square is supposed to represent the 4 women in a man's life? Oh, please. Give me a freakin break.

I could, without any talent, take a paint roller and roll out a totally black canvas. What would it mean ? Black lives matter? The evil of Nazism ? The nothingness of death ?Again, who the heck knows ?

As an aside, who has ever heard of anyone who does not comprehend the grandeur of Michelangelo's The David. no one fails to understand EXACTLY what it represents.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Oh, it does not "dumb ME down". Why ? Simple ! Because I reject it.
It does , however, have a dumbing effect on many others. Why does it have a dumbing down effect on others ? Again, simple.
Because such so-called "art" can be interpreted as ANYTHING. Maybe it's sadness, or happiness or cruelty or kindness or jealousy. Who the hell knows ? In point of fact we would need the explanation of an art professor, or art critic to explain it to us. A painted 4 sided green square is supposed to represent the 4 women in a man's life? Oh, please. Give me a freakin break.

As an aside, who has ever heard of anyone who does not comprehend the grandeur of Michelangelo's The David. no one fails to understand EXACTLY what it represents.
I would walk by Michelangelo's David if it were lying in the street and I don't think its particularly enthralling enough to pause and wonder.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

12-06-2021, 10:56 PM

Oh, it does not "dumb ME down".
Are you sure that isn't because your potential for it has already been used up?

It does , however, have a dumbing effect on many others.
How can you know that they weren't dumb to start with?

As an aside, who has ever heard of anyone who does not comprehend the grandeur of Michelangelo's The David.
True, it is a very skilfully executed sculpture, but its "grandeur" is a product of the viewers mind, influenced to no small degree by repeated assertions that grandeur is what they are looking at.

no one fails to understand EXACTLY what it represents.
To me, it represents a rather arrogant young man, blissfully unaware that small willies won't always be in fashion. I do acknowledge that there are other interpretations, and that mine isn't the definitive one.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:34 PM

How can you know that they weren't dumb to start with?

True, it is a very skilfully executed sculpture, but its "grandeur" is a product of the viewers mind, influenced to no small degree by repeated assertions that grandeur is what they are looking at.

We don't need to be told anything. Anyone who can appreciates the grand workmanship of sculpture can appreciate The David.

To me, it represents a rather arrogant young man, blissfully unaware that small willies won't always be in fashion. I do acknowledge that there are other interpretations, and that mine isn't the definitive one.
Just for general information, Michelangelo said that the The David was to show him at the moment he decided to fight. Just take a close look at his face.

One piece of ancient art that has always taken my breath away is the bust of Netfertiti… 3,300 years old. She was the number one wife of Akhenaten .. the heretic Pharaoh. The Bust is now in the Neues Berlin Museum. My goodness, what a beauty she must have been.

Name:	3b8b93b9b684279a959a8183a5d282dd--nefertiti-bust-queen-nefertiti.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	15902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rff5ff0e85226b4c8a5d229328726a6d1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	15903  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I would walk by Michelangelo's David if it were lying in the street and I don't think its particularly enthralling enough to pause and wonder.
I doubt you would it’s 17 ft tall

It’s a magnificent work of art not an easy thing to make marble look like human flesh you can even see the veins in his hands . Michelangelo was only 26 when he made this amazing statue and the marble was flawed it had been rejected by other sculptors.
bakerman
Mexico

13-06-2021, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I doubt you would it’s 17 ft tall
Legend has it that all other sculptors paled before the task of carving anything from the massive block of marble. Only Michelangelo had the confidence to take it on.

Name:	michelangelo-david-close-up-photos-13.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	15904  

Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top