Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 09:38 PM

The Kinks & Madness.

Thought I would sling both London groups together, I believe both could have been so much more in the music world if they wanted to be.

longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:01 PM

Re: The Kinks & Madness.

longfellow
Chatterbox

10-06-2021, 10:21 PM

longfellow
Chatterbox

10-06-2021, 10:45 PM

DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:43 PM

Although I never got to see Madness live enjoyed many many groups. Apart from working in London during the 60's...plus side..had a season ticket also my dearest late mate Rosi..boy did we enjoy the weekends at the Marquee 100 club to name two...but local for us was the Streatham Ice Rink..silverblades, was a real gem for groups back then...The Kinks being one main attraction for us two Girls...
https://www.setlist.fm/venue/silver-...d-3d4ddeb.html
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:54 PM

The Who wow'ed us the most though...Rosi passed out at the London venue, that was so packed like sardines..Wimbledon Palais was just so different..breathing space in that place and was a great evening of the Who at there best..1966 met to be Husband also that same year and life changed music wise....

longfellow
Chatterbox

13-06-2021, 08:14 AM

Reckon I maybe 10 years behind you, I spent the early 70s in the West End virtually running a pub on the corner of Shaftsbury Ave and Wardour Street.
Plenty of faces some I associated with others were just passing through.
Some of the best musicians I thought where buskers and they all ended their days after earning a crust in the underground stations in the Western Bar in Leicester Square,what great nights we had there amongst the spit and sawdust and the spittoons.
I could walk out of my pub and spend the complete evening drinking and eating for nothing and end up in one of the many dive bars in Soho dancing the night away.
Yes glorious days when we were young and free of the marriage shackles.

longfellow
Chatterbox

13-06-2021, 08:37 AM

DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

22-06-2021, 02:26 PM

just got back here and funny how the last few days I have been tracking stuff about the Kinks..Ray Davies has a lot of youtube video conversations, some funny with various interviewers and music amongst them as well.The 1964-1970 video is good and it is a medley, so brings out all those great songs and memories, even though my working in Savile Row was cut short because several offices within the Forestry Commission at No,25 decided to move to Basingstoke...My late Mate Rosi worked there also as I managed to get her a job there, easily, as jobs were 2 a penny in 63/64 I would have been 15 years old and it seemed I worked there for a long time..but looking back it can't have been by 1967 I was married....and had worked in Croydon for a while..We got new jobs again with different companies this time.....Heard this Kinks song as then I landed here..
http://london.kastoffkinks.co.uk/html/savile.html
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 10:03 PM

I worked there until 1973.Went to Soho a lot, probably been in your pub LF.Although London beer wasn't up to much in those days(Watneys Red Barrel)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top