Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:23 AM

Re: Trade deals

The obsolescence of Chimneys changed everything, exploitation began at home.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its hard to answer that one Keezoy, both possibilities carry a degree of hypocrisy.
Well that's a good answer!..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 10:05 AM

The agreement is about to be signed according to this evenings news
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 10:18 AM

Done deal by the looks.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 10:28 AM

I wonder if the powers that be are giving enough thought to the future of long distance trade arrangements?

If flights keep getting cut back (except for "High Fliers" like MPs & the Well To Do) due to Global warming, what you might have left is four weeks in a Container Ship Freezer, to get stuff all that way.

Mechanical stuff, cars & parts, from the far East will not suffer much, but meat will.

People turn their noses up at Frozen meat!

Wine & Whisky will be OK!

LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I wonder if the powers that be are giving enough thought to the future of long distance trade arrangements?

If flights keep getting cut back (except for "High Fliers" like MPs & the Well To Do) due to Global warming, what you might have left is four weeks in a Container Ship Freezer, to get stuff all that way.

Mechanical stuff, cars & parts, from the far East will not suffer much, but meat will.

People turn their noses up at Frozen meat!

Wine & Whisky will be OK!

I think that frozen meat from overseas is probably what's bothering the UK's fresh meat market, because according to GOV.UK the category 'fresh meat' can be previously frozen.
Fresh meat
This is meat that hasn’t had any preserving process other than chilling or 'freezing'. It includes meat that is vacuum packed or packed in a controlled atmosphere.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I think that frozen meat from overseas is probably what's bothering the UK's fresh meat market, because according to GOV.UK the category 'fresh meat' can be previously frozen.
Fresh meat
This is meat that hasn’t had any preserving process other than chilling or 'freezing'. It includes meat that is vacuum packed or packed in a controlled atmosphere.
They can say what they think, LD.

I don't think that we think that way.

Good point, though, I'll stick up a topic, in a different place, to see what OFF users think!

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 12:07 PM

Irradiated meat anyone?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Australia would walk away from any agreement if there is no benefit to our agricultural sector. Just a fact of life.
And WE should walk away for exactly the same reason on our side.
keezoy
Australia

15-06-2021, 12:26 PM

As this deal is "in principle" I also think that principle should extend to ensuring all goods - food and otherwise, are transported properly. I don't know anything about exporting food products but I know that difference between shonky and above board. As I said, if the deals are mutually beneficial...with all the proper safeguards. Let it rip And as was said previously, if it doesn't work, do it differently or walk away.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top