Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 11:33 AM

Re: sweets you can't buy now

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Haha, that was the funniest sensation ever!! I remember the first time I had some - I was visiting family, never heard of space dust before (think it had just arrived on the shelves in some parts of the country, but not ours). One of them said 'here, try this, just put a bit on your tongue' and they all watched gleefully awaiting my reaction. It was hilarious! Wish it was still around. Or is it? Anyone know?
No idea Sheba - I haven't seen it for years and years. Wish it was still going though, it would be fun to try it again just for laughs

Originally Posted by paula ->
.who remembers Victory V's...I think they were cough sweets, they burned the tongue off you..
Oh Victory V's were great - I tried to eat two at the same time and never could. Haven't seen them for years either. Probably been banned by now, and the space dust too most likely. Health & safety
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Packets of oddfellows, and toffeemints,,,,,lucky tatties with a little plastic charm in them...who remembers Victory V's...I think they were cough sweets, they burned the tongue off you..and fruit bonbons,,,

I was just about to post re victory vs when I saw your post .
Probably illegal now !

I remember candy twists they were huge and guaranteed to rot your teeth!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 12:46 PM

Our wee tiny sweetie shop used to have Penny Trays, full of lots n lots of different things. I often would by a Penny Dainty Toffee and a big Gob Stopper. My eldest sister says it was the only thing to shut me up when I was wee.......Saucy Mare.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 01:37 PM

I remember cough candy, made like fudge with a kick. My Gran loved it & it was sold in Woolworths loose, you chose how much you wanted. They banned it because it contained an ingredient that was a drug I think, no idea what.
See you can still buy it, wonder if it tastes the same.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 01:40 PM

Why has nobody mentioned GOBSTOPPERS?

I'd love to buy some of these to hand out to others, out there, on the golf Course!

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 01:47 PM

Sent a pack to Megs and Harry .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Why has nobody mentioned GOBSTOPPERS?
Post 43.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 02:57 PM

Flying saucers were my addiction.

Victory V's are still available: https://www.ejackson.co.uk/our-brands/victory-v
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 03:00 PM

There was a sweet shop on the way to school when I was little, and they sold long tubes of hundreds and thousands for a penny. One of my favourites! They also sold lollipops for a penny, which I've often wondered if they made themselves, because I never saw them anywhere else. They looked as if they'd been made in a little petit four case with a lolly stick popped in the middle, and they were not just shiny, but sparkly too. Absolutely magical!
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sent a pack to Megs and Harry .

Reading sweeties, or to use their proper name..conversation losenges. they were quite big and had writing on them.
aromatics, A B C 's

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top