Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:24 PM

Re: A whale of a time!

I bet that was a cold wait Twink. I love the thought of Nessie but not sure if there's any truth to it or not. My dad was a firm believer and used to enthral us kids with stories when we were young.
We usually know when they are headed inshore as several people are members of a group called "Caithness and Moray Firth Cetacean Sightings" The word flies round once it's known they are here. Last night there was a load off Duncansby Head but I wasn't there.
We get a lot of Bottle Nose Dolphins here as well, often along in the harbour at Scrabster.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I bet that was a cold wait Twink. I love the thought of Nessie but not sure if there's any truth to it or not. My dad was a firm believer and used to enthral us kids with stories when we were young.
We usually know when they are headed inshore as several people are members of a group called "Caithness and Moray Firth Cetacean Sightings" The word flies round once it's known they are here. Last night there was a load off Duncansby Head but I wasn't there.
We get a lot of Bottle Nose Dolphins here as well, often along in the harbour at Scrabster.
I often wonder is there was a creature in Loch Ness, in the past, but with all the false photos it has now become bigger and more mysterious, in peoples minds.
I have been to Scotland many times and, although I am not keen in the cold weather there , I love the small roads with passing points & the great expanse of open land with few inhabitants. I am not a city girl but I liked Stirling... it felt more like a town than a city.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I often wonder is there was a creature in Loch Ness, in the past, but with all the false photos it has now become bigger and more mysterious, in peoples minds.
I have been to Scotland many times and, although I am not keen in the cold weather there , I love the small roads with passing points & the great expanse of open land with few inhabitants. I am not a city girl but I liked Stirling... it felt more like a town than a city.
Aye Stirlings not a bad place, we used to go there sometimes to their swimming baths for a change from the Perth ones, but that was years ago.
Dad always said he thought there was an underwater tunnel in/out of Loch Ness that Nessie used and she was only there for part of the year.
This is the road to my favourite Beach up here, you can't see it from the road and have to know the way there. You'd love it I'm sure. I recorded it with my phone last year.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Aye Stirlings not a bad place, we used to go there sometimes to their swimming baths for a change from the Perth ones, but that was years ago.
Dad always said he thought there was an underwater tunnel in/out of Loch Ness that Nessie used and she was only there for part of the year.
This is the road to my favourite Beach up here, you can't see it from the road and have to know the way there. You'd love it I'm sure. I recorded it with my phone last year.

Thank you Roxy, that drive reminded me of how lovely it is in your part of the world!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:25 AM

This interesting item appeared to be relevant to this thread so for anyone interested the link below is to that ITV news item:

"Killer whales can have close friendships, according to a study that used drones to film the animals.

The findings indicate that killer whales spend more time interacting with certain individuals in their pod, and tend to favour those of the same sex and similar age."

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-16/...se-friendships
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
This interesting item appeared to be relevant to this thread so for anyone interested the link below is to that ITV news item:

"Killer whales can have close friendships, according to a study that used drones to film the animals.

The findings indicate that killer whales spend more time interacting with certain individuals in their pod, and tend to favour those of the same sex and similar age."

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-16/...se-friendships
Thats a bit like young male elephants forming "gangs" as well Baz !
And just like humans, the females are boss!!😀😀

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That's a bit like young male elephants forming "gangs" as well Baz !
And just like humans, the females are boss!!😀😀

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
No, not in this house, that I can assure you!

Anything can be found on the internet, including this on the elephants you wrote about.
That, according to the article, is to survive threats from humans:

https://www.firstpost.com/tech/scien...s-6939041.html
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You are so lucky to live near the coast and see things like that, Roxy.
Smashing pictures, thank you for posting them.
I agree.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No, not in this house, that I can assure you!

Anything can be found on the internet, including this on the elephants you wrote about.
That, according to the article, is to survive threats from humans:

https://www.firstpost.com/tech/scien...s-6939041.html
Are you sure she's not listening Baz?? 😀😀
Thanks for the info!
African elephants behave the same , and the herd is lead by
a matriarch !

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Baz46

16-06-2021, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Are you sure she's not listening Baz?? 😀😀
Thanks for the info!
African elephants behave the same, and the herd is lead by a matriarch !

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Definitely not listening, there isn't one!

You are welcome to the info., not surprised the African variety behave the same though,
same kind of problem with humans I expect.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top