Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 03:48 PM

Hamas. They won’t let go.

Israel says it carried out air strikes in Gaza overnight after Palestinians launched incendiary balloons from the territory, in the first major flare-up since an 11-day conflict last month.

Hamas spokesman Grabir Boubi said ‘It’s just so unfair. We flew harmless party balloons into Israel in a peaceful act to show love to the most powerful military power in the Middle East. These weapons - sorry - I mean tokens of peace - malfunctioned and caused unintentional widespread fires and then Israel responded with a coordinated and effective military response. The Israeli action is disgraceful and an insult to our incendiary overtures of friendship. We are encouraging our supporters to engage in overtly racist protests in Western countries like the UK whose people have absolutely cock all interest in our acts of terrorism. Sorry, excuse me again, I mean in our acts of peace and friendship. It’s not fair, they’re just so much better at this military stuff than us and they are therefore the baddies even though we started it.”

The italicised quote is mine, but it would seem that Hamas and Palestine really don’t want peace, what can they gain by these attacks knowing that the response from Israel will be swift and deadly?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 03:57 PM

Re: Hamas. They won’t let go.

I'm pretty sure it's Hamas that doesn't want peace in the region and they're backed financially and with weapons by Iran (and probably Saudi Arabia). The Palestinians are nothing more than useful human shields imho.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:26 PM

Yet the protesters in this country will blame Israel for this latest incident
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:30 PM

I expect Mr Corbyn will be out protesting as well as the wider Islamic community .
Vlad
West Midlands UK

16-06-2021, 05:33 PM

No doubt about that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'm pretty sure it's Hamas that doesn't want peace in the region and they're backed financially and with weapons by Iran (and probably Saudi Arabia). The Palestinians are nothing more than useful human shields imho.
Yes, I think you're right that the real ni... er, villains of the peace are Iran.

In a way it could prove useful if Iran do manage to develop a nuclear bomb because I'm sure that Israel would be the first country they'd threaten with it.

I have the distinct feeling that that would be the end of Iran!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:37 PM

The sad thing is that so many Iranians are such charming people.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:37 PM

Brilliant Vlad, that made me laugh.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The sad thing is that so many Iranians are such charming people.
Yes, I believe you're right and we shouldn't tar them all with the same brush. Persia used to be a lovely country at one time, so I believe.

As always, it's the leaders who really need disposing of...

one way or another.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I believe you're right and we shouldn't tar them all with the same brush. Persia used to be a lovely country at one time, so I believe.

As always, it's the leaders who really need disposing of...

one way or another.
As Todger has constantly impressed on us !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top