Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 06:42 PM

Careless Whispers

I had been in bed for no more than fifteen minutes, last night, when I heard what sounded like a very faint whispering. I had to concentrate very hard to hear it properly, but there was no mistaking it. The words "it's coming for you" were repeating over and over again. I sprang up and turned on the light, whereupon the whispering abruptly stopped. I sat for a while and tried to make sense of it, but, in truth, I knew not what to make of it. I turned off the light and settled down again, but, after only a few minutes, the whispering started again. "It's coming for you, it's coming for you", over and over again. When I could no longer bear it, I cried out, "okay, just shut up and tell me when it gets here". It worked; the whispering was no more. It did not bother me again, and nothing came for me.

I was just wondering if anything like this had happened to anyone else, and if it should be a cause of concern.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 06:49 PM

Re: Careless Whispers

an auditory hallucination is always a cause for concern but it would be highly unusual to have one for the first time over fifty. Assuming your post is not a wind up that is leading to a joke??
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Assuming your post is not a wind up that is leading to a joke??
Does it sound like a wind up, Annie?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Does it sound like a wind up, Annie?
Well it's posted on general chat so I wasn't sure.

But yes auditory hallucinations are not fun and you should mention it to your GP. I once woke in the night and thought I heard a voice. We had someone living with us at the time and to this day I do not know whether she was sleepwalking or whether I was audio hallucinating in my dreams. It sure was creepy though. I was probably late 30s early 40s then, never happened since so maybe it was just real life somnambulism.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

16-06-2021, 07:13 PM

Well it's posted on general chat so I wasn't sure.

But yes auditory hallucinations are not fun and you should mention it to your GP. I once woke in the night and thought I heard a voice. We had someone living with us at the time and to this day I do not know whether she was sleepwalking or whether I was audio hallucinating in my dreams. It sure was creepy though. I was probably late 30s early 40s then, never happened since so maybe it was just real life somnambulism.
I do apologise, Annie, it makes me feel awful when people believe what I write.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 07:17 PM

I woke suddenly in the early morning to noises I could hear. Sat up turned the light on & they stopped, turned light off, layed down again & back came the noises. Threw the duvet off to get up, then realised it was my own stomach making the noises, yet they had sounded in the room. Weird!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-06-2021, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I do apologise, Annie, it makes me feel awful when people believe what I write.

well i did think you were a rascal perhaps But for some people it is reality and since my creepy experience I do sympathise with them.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:04 PM

So you purposely like to **** with others for your own personal enjoyment?
Lovely.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

16-06-2021, 08:10 PM

well i did think you were a rascal perhaps But for some people it is reality and since my creepy experience I do sympathise with them.
Well thank you for taking it in that spirit.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

16-06-2021, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
So you purposely like to **** with others for your own personal enjoyment?
Lovely.
I am evil beyond words, Bratti.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top