Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 02:52 AM

Update on game threads (long threads)

Hi All,

Some of you may have noticed I was tinkering with the server earlier. I noticed some spikes and I was investigating the cause.

One thing that can cause such issues are very long thread threads (usually game threads) and something we used to do was simply start a new thread to replace the old one when it got to 500 replies or so.

So we'll be doing that again. Just thought I better let you know in case you wonder why so many threads have shrunk though I bet it won't take long for them to become huge again

Thanks for your understanding
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 02:39 PM

Re: Update on game threads (long threads)

Seems a sensible thing to do Azz
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 06:33 PM

I think that it shows dedication when you 'tinker'. Thank you.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 06:48 AM

I think that wee tinker has changed the post count for game players!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->

I think that wee tinker has changed the post count for game players!
Hi Jackie it doesn't affect the thread count....

Originally Posted by Azz

Hi Guys, just a quick note to say this will probably be the only section where posts do not get added to your total.

This is to prevent abuse of new people joining and racking up hundreds of posts in just a few hours

Additionally, the latest post from this section won't show in the 'new posts' link (as sometimes having lots of 'game threads' show up in the list can be annoying for some).
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=105
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 02:54 PM

Hmm... actually now you mention it, post count may go 'up' for some people who have taken part in games (if the thread was moved out of that other section for archiving) oh well a bonus of sorts
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 03:51 PM

I wondered how my post count had shot up... are there any prizes ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top