Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jill1961
New Member!
Sheffield, England
Jill1961 is female 

06-02-2020, 11:14 PM

Foundation or tinted moisturiser

Which do you find best for ladies of our age? I am torn between the two. I find tinted moisturiser easier but a light foundation seems to give a better coveragfe.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 10:21 AM

Re: Foundation or tinted moisturiser

Tinted moisturiser always. I like BB Garnier skinactive in the anti-ageing version medium colour. I used to use Nivea but they stopped making the one I liked. But I have never been able to wear foundation. It always felt like putting a layer of oil paint on and I'm sure it clogs the pores.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 04:27 PM

I use moisturizers on my washed face morning and night. But for the lightest, yet best, blending of my skin tone, I use Lancome Regergie Lift foundation. Not heavy at all, not cake like, just soft. I have used it for years, never any break outs, blends easily, doesn't leave marks on clothing (if you are giving a hug) and is easy to remove with soap and water. It's a bit pricy, but well worth it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 07:32 PM

I only usually use ordinary moisturiser, but have a tinted moisturiser for when the fancy takes me. I like Nivea as it has an SPF factor and it's also cheap. Fortunately my skin is still good so I can get away with it (I think).
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 08:01 PM

I just pop moisturiser on these days .... the last time I wore any foundation or kind of cosmetics was back in 2013 at my brother's wedding and I felt like mutton dressed as lamb then (age 51).
I do think makeup on older women is a case of 'less is more' and is best kept to an absolute minimum.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 08:10 PM

It's just ordinary Nivea moisturiser for me, never foundation.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 09:37 PM

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 09:43 PM

female makup is purely to attract men, don't believe it is for anything else
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
female makup is purely to attract men, don't believe it is for anything else
Aha you don't understand at all! Women are the harshest judges of other women! If a woman has not made an effort it's females who will pick it up with the special radar we have. We will also pick up if a woman has made too much effort. I wonder how many of Tracy Brabin's critics were men?
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jill1961 ->
Which do you find best for ladies of our age? I am torn between the two. I find tinted moisturiser easier but a light foundation seems to give a better coveragfe.
I prefer tinted moisturizer but, I just recently saw a video on mixing the tinted moisturizer with a pore or wrinkle filler. The lady brushed it on like paint instead using her fingers. Made her look younger and have a better complexion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top