Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 08:49 AM

Christmas Arrangements.

Hi

A strange Christmas, so what are you doing?

I will be on my own.

No Social Bubbles at all.

I have done most of the shopping already, to avoid crowded Supermarkets.

Christmas Eve has been with Sabina and the Pretendies, traditional Polish Food, Christmas Day has been at mine, with presents.

This year is very different.

A food delivery Christmas Eve with Sabina and the kids, they will stay on the drive. They will get their Presents Socially distanced and open them on Christmas Day.

A very strange Christmas indeed.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 09:46 AM

Re: Christmas Arrangements.

swimmy - I thought you lived with your son Guy? I apologise if this is not so anymore. I didn't know.

We will be going to Ady & Paula's for Christmas lunch and that is all. The rest of Christmas will be spent going short walks if the weather's ok and rides out to visit local beauty spots. Watching box sets & eating chocolate.

We will be missing our usual family gathering fo 18 people at a local restaurant on Christmas Eve and our twixtmas break to Warners. This suits Tony as he prefers the quiet version.

I don't mind. We are safe & comfortable - that's all that matters.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
swimmy - I thought you lived with your son Guy? I apologise if this is not so anymore. I didn't know.

We will be going to Ady & Paula's for Christmas lunch and that is all. The rest of Christmas will be spent going short walks if the weather's ok and rides out to visit local beauty spots. Watching box sets & eating chocolate.

We will be missing our usual family gathering fo 18 people at a local restaurant on Christmas Eve and our twixtmas break to Warners. This suits Tony as he prefers the quiet version.

I don't mind. We are safe & comfortable - that's all that matters.
Hi

Guy is isolating with his Mum in east Anglia.

His operation has been cancelled yet again, but more chance of him having it over there.

I go into isolation on Boxing Day.

My heart Condition is inoperable.

I am waiting for two proceedures

I have a number of injuries related to my job.

I need a hole drilled in my skull to relieve the pressure and drain the infection.

I need a stent fitted in my left groin as I have no discernssble pulse in my left leg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:55 AM

I am spending Christmas with Chloe

I have refused all offers of 'bubbles' and such nonsense, they are far too risky for my liking particularly with a vaccination on the horizon .

My only concession is I will meet up with my family for a walk if the weather allows.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 11:35 AM

As a family we have agreed we won’t be together for Christmas this year, better to play safe all round. We have presents but no get togethers.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 11:41 AM

Sodding off to the Canarys
FCO willing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am spending Christmas with Chloe

I have refused all offers of 'bubbles' and such nonsense, they are far too risky for my liking particularly with a vaccination on the horizon .

My only concession is I will meet up with my family for a walk if the weather allows.
Originally Posted by Mags ->
As a family we have agreed we won’t be together for Christmas this year, better to play safe all round. We have presents but no get togethers.

If there was an award for the most sensible members that have stuck to the rules it would have to go to you Meg and Mags. I think you have both been brilliant throughout this horrible year and you still manage to remain upbeat despite everything.

Next year will be a blinder.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 12:32 PM

Nothing staying at home with him who shall shortly be murdered if he leaves the top of the coffee jar off once more.
In that case I will be banged up inside and won’t have to cook Christmas dinner .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Next year will be a blinder.
What? Is there another virus on the way that makes people blind??
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Nothing staying at home with him who shall shortly be murdered if he leaves the top of the coffee jar off once more.
In that case I will be banged up inside and won’t have to cook Christmas dinner .

Is it one of those Kenco coffee jars where the lid never goes on straight first time? I know I get told off for that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top