Join for free
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 05:27 AM

Re: New House New Project

Thanks Arty its coming along slowly... im tackling a bedroom right now which is looking pretty ...I'll post some pics later.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 06:59 AM

Hi

Absolutely lovely summer.

A classy house for a classy lady.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 06:44 AM

Aww thankyou Swims

Hubby has renamed the house as Moneypit Cottage ....since my last post we have had a flood from the Central heating overflow tank in the loft into the main bedroom....what a mess. Just as I managed to get that sorted I heard an almighty crash outside ....went out to discover the garage door has fallen off so funny....its one of those roller ones and all eight straps that hold it in place have snapped.....you've got to laugh it was just laid there like it had been shot or something...anyway managed to get that sorted....waiting for the next disaster now.....keeps us busy I suppose
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 12:06 PM

Having owned an old sandstone solid-walled place myself in the past you have my sympathy - and a somewhat wry smile too following the sad demise of your garage door.
Onwards and upwards though as they say.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Aww thankyou Swims

Hubby has renamed the house as Moneypit Cottage ....since my last post we have had a flood from the Central heating overflow tank in the loft into the main bedroom....what a mess. Just as I managed to get that sorted I heard an almighty crash outside ....went out to discover the garage door has fallen off so funny....its one of those roller ones and all eight straps that hold it in place have snapped.....you've got to laugh it was just laid there like it had been shot or something...anyway managed to get that sorted....waiting for the next disaster now.....keeps us busy I suppose
Summer, Are you sure you haven’t got a ghost?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

29-05-2021, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Summer, Are you sure you haven’t got a ghost?
Oh shush Arti....I don't want to think about it.

The cottage goes back to the 1700s and apparently there were two families lived here during that time both with ten children and thats before it was extended so it was quite a busy little cottage.

Its documented that one day the police arrived to question some of the children in one of the families about a barn fire on the local farm....the mum defended her kids saying they would never do such a thing....however the policeman noticed that one of the younger kids had singed hair and asked how it happened.....the little chap replied it was when our Alan lit fire.........out of the mouth of babes .

I have no idea what happened to Alan but he probably got a good hiding and sent to bed....I just hope he isn't popping back now and then to reek more havoc ....that might explain a few things
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

18-06-2021, 08:56 AM

I just remembered this thread. Love the garage door and barn fire stories. How’s the renovation coming on?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

19-06-2021, 09:02 PM

A few pictures of the 2nd bedroom which is just about completed. I have been working on the sitting room today so I'm hoping that will be completed soon. We decided to go ahead with decorating some of the rooms before the windows are fitted mainly because the window company is flooded with work and after two cancelled fitting dates they have now said they really don't want to commit to another date so we are sort of in limbo.

Planning has now said they want a Bat report which is another hold up.... I don't think there are Bats nesting in the loft but we have to prove that with and independent report ... more money for that privilege... anyway a few pics ... the furniture ordered online turned out fine... might use that in another bedroom.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	bedroom3.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	16003   Click image for larger version

Name:	bedroom2.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	16004   Click image for larger version

Name:	bedroom4.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	16005  
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 09:45 PM

What a lovely house and garden
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
A few pictures of the 2nd bedroom which is just about completed. I have been working on the sitting room today so I'm hoping that will be completed soon. We decided to go ahead with decorating some of the rooms before the windows are fitted mainly because the window company is flooded with work and after two cancelled fitting dates they have now said they really don't want to commit to another date so we are sort of in limbo.

Planning has now said they want a Bat report which is another hold up.... I don't think there are Bats nesting in the loft but we have to prove that with and independent report ... more money for that privilege... anyway a few pics ... the furniture ordered online turned out fine... might use that in another bedroom.
So pretty Summer!

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top