Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ember
New Member!
United Kingdom
Ember is female 

07-02-2021, 04:44 PM

Tai Chi

Has anyone else tried this. I have just started and I do feel better after 30 minutes even though it feels I am not doing much.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 04:58 PM

Re: Tai Chi

Good for you! I know it's supposed to help kick in the parasympathetic system to reduce stress and increase the fine motor control that we lose with age.
Ember
New Member!
United Kingdom
Ember is female 

07-02-2021, 05:38 PM

Thanks Surfman. I will carry on with it. It is easy for me to do as some exercise classes are a bit too much.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 07:00 PM

Hi Ember I think anything that keeps our bodies active is a very good thing and that includes gentle stretching excercise like Tai Chi.
I was just about to start taking part in a new class last March, you can guess what happened to that
Maybe one day I will get to join again...
Jane10
United Kingdom
Jane10 is female 

07-02-2021, 08:41 PM

I struggled with it before I got my new knees. It was all standing so ended up being too painful. I might go back to it though.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 09:31 PM

My wife would do it it and swear by it
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 09:35 PM

My wife has found it very good after her hip replacement. We have also found new friends from this activity. It can be as strenuous or gentle as suits your situation. It is not just physical but also mentally stimulating.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 09:40 PM

I used to do Tai Chi, and I've been mulling over when it was after reading this thread. I've finally narrowed it down to about 12 yrs ago. ()

I enjoyed it, but yet I didn't enjoy it. I think it was because it was all too slow for me, too gentle perhaps. Anyway, it was at the local church, as they tended to be then, and sadly the lady who ran the group had to call it a day through ill health. So that was the end of that. I think I did it for about 3 mths.

Not sure I would want to do it again - but I do enjoy watching the three pandas in whatever advert it is, doing it
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 09:48 AM

Hi

Immensely succesful in Asia.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

If you cannot stretch you cannot do the more energetic forms of exercise.

My Tai Chi lady is a silver haired , slim 81 year old and immensely fanciable.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 09:56 AM

I'm with Pesta on this - I love the idea but like Yoga, its a bit slow for me. Not that I'm a frantic exerciser by any means, but I like to feel as if I'm burning up energy. Having said that, I am intrigued by you saying (Ember, that is) that you feel better despite not thinking you are doing much. So I might give it another go

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top