Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:35 AM

Re: Would You Go on a Mystery Flight?

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I added a bit there Tab but yes you're welcome! QANTAS is one of the world's oldest and biggest airlines - second oldest I think after KLM. And their ace in the hole is that they are the only one that has never crashed. Way way back in the dream time there was a crash of a small mail plane but that was way before it was an international airline. I am happy to brag that their safety record is unrivalled anywhere. But this one sounds a bit suss. ?
Have Qantas tickets for Jan. '22

...if y'all are letting us in .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
This is a domestic deal within Australia, but I'm presuming this comes with a loosening of the recent lockdowns.

I think it would be great fun - especially for the younger set - a great way to meet people.

I have to say that at the advertised price, I would want at least one night in the surprise city, though. That's a hefty price for a one day adventure!
Hi

The USA is a weird place.

You can meet the nicest, most helpful and gentle people you could ever wish for.

Two minutes later you meet someone waving a handgun in your face.

The EX was terrified, the kids thought it was great, something they saw on TV.

Total faith in Dad to sort it.

I did but not very nice.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The USA is a weird place.

You can meet the nicest, most helpful and gentle people you could ever wish for.

Two minutes later you meet someone waving a handgun in your face.

The EX was terrified, the kids thought it was great, something they saw on TV.

Total faith in Dad to sort it.

I did but not very nice.
Good heavens, where were you? I've made a habit of living here in the US for lo these sixty years, coast to coast, and other than law enforcement, have never seen anyone in public with a gun.

You wouldn't have that experience with me as a travel guide, SF!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:58 AM

Qantas Airlines is offering mystery domestic day trips to one of three Australian cities that includes activities like wine making, snorkeling, gourmet lunches, etc.

The price is $737 Australian, £413, US$577).

Would you?
Yes I would definitely go!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 07:14 AM

Good heavens, where were you? I've made a habit of living here in the US for lo these sixty years, coast to coast, and other than law enforcement, have never seen anyone in public with a gun.

You wouldn't have that experience with me as a travel guide, SF!
Hi

Booked online after reading reviews,

My fault.

The kids loved it, a crossroads in Tampa, armed staff to take us from reception to our room.

Is that a real gun?

Yep, want a go?

Son held it, so did daughter Mum going mad,

Highlight of the trip for both of them.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 08:54 AM

Oh yes I'd definately go , exciting and fun
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 09:07 AM

I’d go, any excuse to be up in the air. I once flew on Laker Airways on a short flight (just in the UK) to introduce the airline (remember Freddie Laker?). Well I was working for a travel agent at the time.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 09:44 AM

I'm not sure - I'd like to know where I was going. Having said that, there is a Japanese billionaire offering 8 free spaces to go into space....I would like that!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

04-03-2021, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I’d go, any excuse to be up in the air. I once flew on Laker Airways on a short flight (just in the UK) to introduce the airline (remember Freddie Laker?). Well I was working for a travel agent at the time.
Me too, Jazzi! Neat flight. I've always wondered what motivated people go go on repositioning cruises that didn't include many ports, but I suppose it really is about the journey for those people!

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm not sure - I'd like to know where I was going. Having said that, there is a Japanese billionaire offering 8 free spaces to go into space....I would like that!
Oooh, yes! I imagine our grandkids will see many more of these opportunities!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 07:56 PM

Once went on a mystery coach tour, we all had a bet on to where we’d end up.....the driver won £25.....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top