Join for free
Page 20 of 57 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 10:57 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That hasn't got anything to do with the fact that we are still coming out of a lockdown since Christmas and the supermarkets and shops are full of mask wearing customers is it Annie? We have only just started to come out of our hidey holes, and as you know, the figures work in a delayed reaction. Just like they are doing now once we start to return to normal. The winter will test the hospital admissions theory.
Having gone out mixing with friends and family for a month now and supermarkets, shops, hairdresser I haven't found myself in hospital or sick yet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Having gone out mixing with friends and family for a month now and supermarkets, shops, hairdresser I haven't found myself in hospital or sick yet.
That's because hardly anyone has got the virus yet Annie, even at its height back in December you would have to be unlucky to bump into anyone indoors with the virus and it be spread to you. Most people who have the virus would be home in bed suffering despite what they tell you in the media. Perhaps the few days before they were aware they had it would be the danger time for others to catch it, and I bet a lot of people would still get on with their lives (going to work and shopping) despite suffering symptoms...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 01:42 PM

Hospitalisations and deaths are well down (for several reasons) but recorded and unrecorded cases are ongoing:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

As of 4 June 2021

Recorded Total Cases (UK) 4,506,016

Recorded Active Cases 107,633

7-day Moving Average Cases 4,147

3-day Moving Average Cases 5,280

Latest Recorded Daily Cases: 6,238

June 4 2020 Recorded Daily Cases: 1633

So we could be looking at 150,000-180,000 recorded new cases over the next 4 weeks (unless BJ and Soapy pull something out of the hat).
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 02:10 PM

Got it. Thanks…granddaughter 26 with both jabs has been tested positive ..the whole family including us now in lockdown
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 04:20 PM

A further 5,765 confirmed cases in the UK were announced by the government on Sunday.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 04:52 PM

That's because hardly anyone has got the virus yet Annie, even at its height back in December you would have to be unlucky to bump into anyone indoors with the virus and it be spread to you. Most people who have the virus would be home in bed suffering despite what they tell you in the media. Perhaps the few days before they were aware they had it would be the danger time for others to catch it, and I bet a lot of people would still get on with their lives (going to work and shopping) despite suffering symptoms...
Quite a few people with a distinctive cough around here. It's not normal to have a cough in June. So I think there are more infections out there than the data shows. However, it's not resulting in the sharp increase in hospitalisation we saw last year.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 06:18 PM

Mr P has hayfever and coughs a lot. Before, everyone used to avoid him like the...well, like he had the virus...but now, nobody has reacted. Weird....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:38 PM

Quite a few people with a distinctive cough around here. It's not normal to have a cough in June. So I think there are more infections out there than the data shows. However, it's not resulting in the sharp increase in hospitalisation we saw last year.

Could that be because we are taking better care of the older people, or because those who were vulnerable have sadly passed away Annie?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-06-2021, 09:48 PM

Could that be because we are taking better care of the older people, or because those who were vulnerable have sadly passed away Annie?
Or maybe the vaccine works?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 10:38 PM

Doubt we will ever know, either way.

Page 20 of 57 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top