Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 09:30 AM

Re: Rice cooker surprise.

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I got a surprise today. I found out what else you can cook in a rice cooker. The answer is just about everything. Did anyone already know this? Anyone who would like to discuss this or contribute please do
I just looked at some of the recipes you can use the rice cooker for, and they look quite tasty.
I don't eat a lot of rice, but I love risottos! It also looks like very healthy eating...but I like to stir creamed cheese into some of my risottos!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:22 AM

Jeeeeez!...I created a monster. Pleeeease!..I just want to ask whether anybody uses a rice cooker for things other than rice. If so what do they do. Like tonight I cooked a nice rich beef and wine filling for some Provincial French style pies. What should we call it?..Discussion?..chat?...Cabinet meeting?!..For god's sake why don't we call it Nigel. Let's have a nice cosy Nigel about rice cookers!..Chairperson?...THat could be me. I'm your huckelberry.. And agenda?....Well that would be rice cookers innit?...I'm sorry I asked...
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:27 AM

What should we call it?..Discussion?..chat?...Cabinet meeting?!..For god's sake why don't we call it Nigel. Let's have a nice cosy Nigel about rice cookers!..I'm sorry I asked...
I was only trying to be helpful, keezoy, but you obviously don't appreciate my advice.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I was only trying to be helpful, keezoy, but you obviously don't appreciate my advice.
There is no need to help Harbal, we managed very well without it before you arrived. The Mods are excellent here!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 11:09 AM

Goodness mate I was talking with my tongue in my cheek..you know, kind of going along with the banter. I'm really sorry if I upset you..Or are you yanking my chain?...Either way don't sweat it. I cordially invite you to give advice on any subject you chose.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
There is no need to help Harbal, we managed very well without it before you arrived. The Mods are excellent here!
You seem to be suggesting that I am not excellent, Twink.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

23-03-2021, 11:12 AM

Jeeeeez!...I created a monster. Pleeeease!..I just want to ask whether anybody uses a rice cooker for things other than rice. If so what do they do. Like tonight I cooked a nice rich beef and wine filling for some Provincial French style pies. What should we call it?..Discussion?..chat?...Cabinet meeting?!..For god's sake why don't we call it Nigel. Let's have a nice cosy Nigel about rice cookers!..Chairperson?...THat could be me. I'm your huckelberry.. And agenda?....Well that would be rice cookers innit?...I'm sorry I asked...
Don't be sorry keezoy, you have tempted me to look for one now. I always thought they were just steamers, but having seen some of the recipes I am very tempted to get one!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

23-03-2021, 11:13 AM

You seem to be suggesting that I am not excellent, Twink.
No, just pointing out that the mods are so good, we don't need any more help!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-03-2021, 11:14 AM

I cordially invite you to give advice on any subject you chose.
Okay, keezoy; here's a second piece of advice: Never invite me to give you any advice.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-03-2021, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Don't be sorry keezoy, you have tempted me to look for one now. I always thought they were just steamers, but having seen some of the recipes I am very tempted to get one!
Let me know if you need any tips on what to do with it.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top