Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 06:20 PM

Re: Big changes ahead ??

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You are not alone! I have just had another horrid thought, if there are no animals all you will be able to eat on Burns night is vegetarian haggis!
I am not Scottish, but I do enjoy haggis neeps & tatties on a cold night!
You enjoy your Burns style dinner anytime you feel the need to Twinks! Personally I cannot stand the stuff - vegetarian or otherwise. Neeps are better eaten raw rather than mashed. ...but I'm the only person that thinks so, heh!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Most of that veggie/vegan rubbish is the most fart inducing stuff on this planet. Our array of teeth prove that we are omnivores, so this old omnivore is gonna stick to his meat and three veg thankyou.
Aren't farts connected with global warming Longdriver??
Counterproductive to do away with cows then, only to replace them
them with humans imo??
I suppose the farts are smaller though ??
Food for thought eh ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Strangely enough, I was ordering meats from a supermarket today & noticed that the weight of a portion had been reduced in anything prepacked. Of course they don't sell 500 grams of meat on delivered food... so they are already starting to reduce the amount we eat. Covid has also helped by getting more people to shop online!
There are less butcher shops now & eventually they will not be able to compete with lower supermarket prices, so asking for a specific quantity of meat will be come more difficult!
It wont be just the eaters of these products that will suffer, It will be farmers, fishermen, the people who sell those products & I suspect many children whose parents were brought up eating meat & fish, so have little idea on how to cook vegetarian food! Getting the right nutrition from veg involves a lot of knowledge in how to get the right minerals , vitamins & getting children to eat them is difficult.
One thing that worries me, is that animals have been eating grass since they appeared & their poo fertilized the ground. If we need to grow more veg, the land they grazed on will still be needed to grow the veg. That means we will have to use chemical fertilizer on most... because we will all be eating the veg we grow.!

All true Twinks !
Try telling it to a Vegan ??

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

06-04-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
You enjoy your Burns style dinner anytime you feel the need to Twinks! Personally I cannot stand the stuff - vegetarian or otherwise. Neeps are better eaten raw rather than mashed. ...but I'm the only person that thinks so, heh!
What's neeps Pixie ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 08:35 PM

And what will THAT do to us, Twink? Eating chemicals is not what I'd like for dinner, thanks!

Unless you grow your own, or buy organic Pixie, you've been eating chemicals for years.

With vegetables, the farmer will have used artificial fertilizers and also sprayed the crops, else they can't get the yields they want.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What's neeps Pixie ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Its a Scottish word for Turnips, Donkeyman! Haggis & Neeps is a Traditional Scottish dinner. You boil 'em and mash 'em all up like mashed potatoes.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

07-04-2021, 09:50 AM

Its a Scottish word for Turnips, Donkeyman! Haggis & Neeps is a Traditional Scottish dinner. You boil 'em and mash 'em all up like mashed potatoes.
Oh!
Well l have had them then, l like them either way, mashed or just
boiled, also nice cubed and cooked with meat stews .
Donkey lady doesn't seem to buy them anymore ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top