Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 08:49 PM

camera mike support

One thing is when I use the wind muffler the hairs can get to be seen in the video. So I have been devising ways to solve the issue and to raise the mike up out of the way.

First thought was something like this

but it look horrible a real lashup, so on with the thinking cap again. Next idea why not use this? it has been lying around for ages

Now I am getting more like it but another problem. When everything is tightened up the ball head locks up as well, the threads hold it in place. however the height is right so one problem solved.

Next step was to modify this into a flat disc and use as a spacer

So onto the bench drill to drill out the centre and put on the grinding wheel as it was too thick to use as a spacer.

Ok now have bare metal showing so I am now at the stage of having dipped it into black hammerite and hanging up to dry

can't do any more until tomorrow when that "disc" is dry enough. then I will put up the finished look and see what you think.

Total cost zero as i already had the bits lying around

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 08:17 AM

Re: camera mike support

that looks a lot better

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top