Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 07:10 PM

Feel Good Film

Hi all

My colleague at work told me about a really good feel good film at work today and I have just watched it.

It's called The Fundamentals of a Caregiver.

I can really recommend this film if you fancy watching a feel good film, its so uplifting and funny too.

The gist of the story is a bloke takes up a position to be carer for a young man who has muscular dystrophy and features the development of a great friendship. Lovely, just lovely
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 08:48 AM

Re: Feel Good Film

Sounds like the sort of thing I'd like.
Unfortunately it's not on DVD and I haven't got Netflix.

I will definitely get it when it'd released on DVD.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:35 AM

Re: Feel Good Film

I love a 'feel good' film too.

I am sick to death of films (mostly American) which are about some bloke who is raked out of retirement to solve one last security threat.
This theme has been done to death. Different actors - but same old story.

Then there's the car chases with the guns firing out the windows, people getting shot or beaten to a pulp, kids taken hostage, cars being set alight and exploding . . . every single flippin' night.

These films are not only repeats, they are also repeating them sometimes twice in the same week! Aaaaghghghgh. Drives me nuts.

There are far more films that appeal to men more than ladies.

Do they not make any 'feel good' films, or romances, or lovely stories with happy endings any more?

I can imagine the men complaining if there were nice stories with happy endings on every night, yet we are supposed to put up with hundreds of repeats of nothing but hooligans, drug dealers, violence, murders, continual foul language, night after night after night.
And don't even start me on the thousandth repeat of James flippin' Bond!!

I bet you a fiver that it's men who choose the programmes to show each week!
Very little is chosen with women viewers in mind.

Phew, I feel quite a bit better after me rant.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top