Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:53 PM

Re: A Little Tip For The Cleaner In Your House..

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My oven glass door was so stained, l couldn’t see the food cooking on the shelves!

Today, as it was raining l had the blitz on my kitchen. I have a 2ft square glass splashback over the gas hob and it was a bit marked and greasy.
It was far too big to fit it in my sink and l didn’t want the grease going down the drain, so l decided to put it on the lawn and clean it!
This l did in the rain! I poured a kettle of boiling water on each side and cleaned it with the Cif then l stood it up and poured more boiling water on it.

I took it inside and laid it on top of my freezer and dried it. I was paranoid that l might slip or fall down the back step with it but luckily all went well.
Hi
That is you Art, as mad as a hatter, but great fun to be with.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
That is you Art, as mad as a hatter, but great fun to be with.
Swimmy, There’s a method in my madness!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 12:18 AM

I wonder if newspaper works just as well
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 05:51 AM

Do you want to pop over and clean my oven, Art? I have an outfit for you to wear.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 06:33 AM

Such a good tip - I haven't used tin foil though, I'll give that a go. I usually use Cif, or The Pink Stuff, and a wire scrubber. It works ok but the corners are a nightmare! I also haven't tried taking the glass out...I didn't know you could!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 06:54 AM

I have a sonic scrubber with different attachments, that I use on my glass oven door, or you can use a toothbrush to get into the corners, oven pride is fantastic for the racks and the inside of the oven, you put the racks in a bag, which they supply ,put the racks inside then pour in most of the mixture, give them a good covering with the mixture, leave overnight, absolutely fantastic product, but, I don’t use it on the glass door as there is rubber around it....trial and error over the years, Bar Keepers Friend, is by far the best for me.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Such a good tip - I haven't used tin foil though, I'll give that a go. I usually use Cif, or The Pink Stuff, and a wire scrubber. It works ok but the corners are a nightmare! I also haven't tried taking the glass out...I didn't know you could!
Only some doors can you take out, my oven door is concealed all around it, so unable to remove, therefore you don’t need to clean the inside, mine never gets dirty.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	0AAA725E-9E60-48ED-AF9E-C26F113FB198.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	15416  
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Only some doors can you take out, my oven door is concealed all around it, so unable to remove, therefore you don’t need to clean the inside, mine never gets dirty.
Oh, mine is side opening and the glass is bolted in with screws, so I couldn't take it out if I wanted to....or could I..

Blimey, how domesticated is this thread?! Talking about cleaning oven doors at 7.30 in the morning, haha!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do you want to pop over and clean my oven, Art? I have an outfit for you to wear.
For want of a better word, you're such a rascal!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline and Carol, I have never heard of ‘Bar Keepers Friend’ or ‘Oven Pride’.
I only know the usual kitchen cleaners!

I use Bar Keepers Friend too.
Brings my stainless steel saucepans up like new.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top