Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 12:56 PM

Re: The Chinese are at it Again

Originally Posted by bret ->
we have very large lobsters over here which the Chinese are refusing to trade atm - bullies after all - all we took was a barren rock off of them?
I'm not sure to what extent the Australians support us (or otherwise) in our fight with the EU but, as far as I'm concerned, we would support you against the Chinese.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 01:06 PM

Horrible and cruel race. They put tiny fish in tiny plastic keyring whilst they are still alive. Obviously the poor fish suffocated. And people buy these? What the hell. Cruellest and barbaric race. Those poor pups and kittens, I want to cry hearing and knowing this grrrrrrrr
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Horrible and cruel race. They put tiny fish in tiny plastic keyring whilst they are still alive. Obviously the poor fish suffocated. And people buy these? What the hell. Cruellest and barbaric race. Those poor pups and kittens, I want to cry hearing and knowing this grrrrrrrr
Marge once suggested that we have a holiday in China one day.
I've gone off the idea.
The Great Wall may be interesting, but I think if I saw this or any of the other things people have mentioned on here, I'd just want to leave.

And they claim that they are one of the oldest civilisations in the world and developed things that we here wouldn't have dreamed of in those days.
All I can say is that they must have regressed seriously over the centuries.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not sure to what extent the Australians support us (or otherwise) in our fight with the EU but, as far as I'm concerned, we would support you against the Chinese.
And we would support you against the Chinese also. Thed Chinese are proving more and more every day that they are only concerned with themselves. They have no real regard for anybody else in the world really. They think we are all "useful idiots"...Their Achillies heel is their arrogance and their assumption that they are fooling everybody. They aren't. As far as the uk and europe goes, we have no choice but to keep our noses out of your business. That is if it remains a war of economics and trade fights etc. WE would try to do our best to help matters, not make them worse. BUt we don't like being pressured to take sides in these situations. But..If it got too hot, as i said before then we would probably be standing between you. AS would be the US, Canada, New Zealand. etc. You would have to kill your closest allies, those who have stood by you for over 100 years before you'd be able to kill each other. I'm old fashioned. I believe in peace keeping rather than war making. I believe in standing by your friends. But having the guts to tell them when they are behaving badly. I don't think Britain ever needs to be concerned about who has their back.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-05-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
And we would support you against the Chinese also. Thed Chinese are proving more and more every day that they are only concerned with themselves. They have no real regard for anybody else in the world really. They think we are all "useful idiots"...Their Achillies heel is their arrogance and their assumption that they are fooling everybody. They aren't. As far as the uk and europe goes, we have no choice but to keep our noses out of your business. That is if it remains a war of economics and trade fights etc. WE would try to do our best to help matters, not make them worse. BUt we don't like being pressured to take sides in these situations. But..If it got too hot, as i said before then we would probably be standing between you. AS would be the US, Canada, New Zealand. etc. You would have to kill your closest allies, those who have stood by you for over 100 years before you'd be able to kill each other. I'm old fashioned. I believe in peace keeping rather than war making. I believe in standing by your friends. But having the guts to tell them when they are behaving badly. I don't think Britain ever needs to be concerned about who has their back.
Well that's nice of you to say, but I didn't really mean to suggest you should come and fight for us! I was thinking of moral support.
No, we have nothing to fear militarily from the EU and certainly not France.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
badger baiting does that still continue? venison still on the menu? - I once spent some time in Asia with some chinese populations and whilst I was occasionally offered dog or cat for dinner [politely refused] I also became aware of little old men and ladies walking their pet dogs each day - carefully controlled on leads with their plastic doggy bags on hand to collect the 'poops' and pop it in the nearest public bin.
Venison is still "on the menu", Bret. Usually from farmed animals these days but some does come from culled wild deer, especially in Scotland where the larger herds are. I tried it once, very strong flavour IIRC.

Yes, I'm aware of the practice of throwing live lobsters into boiling water, though I've never witnessed it. I believe they claim it improves the flavour, but I can't see any sense in that.
I have only once eaten lobster. Never again.
(Apart from anything else, the messing about trying to break open the shell for a minuscule amount of meat inside isn't worth it.)
So they say. I've only eaten lobster once (at a seafood restaurant on the west coast of France near La Rochelle). The sauce it came in had more flavour, the lobster itself was tasteless. Give me a good Norfolk or Cornish crab any day.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 03:41 PM

Well that's nice of you to say, but I didn't really mean to suggest you should come and fight for us! I was thinking of moral support.
No, we have nothing to fear militarily from the EU and certainly not France.
Haw!..no worries. I wasnt meaning fighting. I meant peacekeeping. Of course we would provide moral support. If everybody worked towards a win..win solution..there always is one somewhere. If it was obvious that each side was just interested in win at all costs..well that never works and we would stay out of it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-05-2021, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Haw!..no worries. I wasnt meaning fighting. I meant peacekeeping. Of course we would provide moral support. If everybody worked towards a win..win solution..there always is one somewhere. If it was obvious that each side was just interested in win at all costs..well that never works and we would stay out of it.
All I'm interested in is obtaining what we once had: our independence and our territories.
That is all. I want nothing belonging to another country. Just what is rightfully ours.
That is what I voted for and that is what I would fight for.
keezoy
Australia

08-05-2021, 10:55 PM

All I'm interested in is obtaining what we once had: our independence and our territories.
That is all. I want nothing belonging to another country. Just what is rightfully ours.
That is what I voted for and that is what I would fight for.

Can't argue with that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

cruelty is universal.

Acceptance of it is not.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top