Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:10 PM

Re: ''Privacy error - your connection is not fully secure''

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
LD,

You might want to start here:-

"to ensure that you have the recommended settings for TLS, follow these steps:
Press Windows key + R to open a Run box. Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
Select Internet Options and open the Advanced tab.
Scroll down to the Security section and make these selections:
N
If the option to Use SSL 2.0 is present, it should not be...
Click Apply and OK.
Close Control Panel."

Worth a look!

I looked at that Ted and SSL2 is not an option just SSL3 (unchecked). Thanks .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm with Sarari and there are no problems here...

Thanks Mags Can you still view you tube okay with safari?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Baz. If I can't sort this, I might have to change to another browser. Google is seriously peeing me off.
Yes, I know just how you must feel. Recently I had to go through the security Google has and now they are asking for my home address, another kind of 'two-tier security system'. They have my mobile phone number as it is, that started out as a similar request, no way are they getting any further personal details from me! As it is I notice when I log on to gmail it first goes to YouTube and then back to gmail. All very 'dodgy' I reckon.

I realise it might possibly be security for our own good but it's getting a little much of late. What can the user do about it though, other than find another e-mail provider with all the hassle that means?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-05-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, I know just how you must feel. Recently I had to go through the security Google has and now they are asking for my home address, another kind of 'two-tier security system'. They have my mobile phone number as it is, that started out as a similar request, no way are they getting any further personal details from me! As it is I notice when I log on to gmail it first goes to YouTube and then back to gmail. All very 'dodgy' I reckon. What can the user do about it though, other than find another e-mail provider with all the hassle that means?

That's the trouble isn't it. They draw us in then have us by the short and curlies.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:17 PM

Yes, I know just how you must feel. Recently I had to go through the security Google has and now they are asking for my home address, another kind of 'two-tier security system'. They have my mobile phone number as it is, that started out as a similar request, no way are they getting any further personal details from me! As it is I notice when I log on to gmail it first goes to YouTube and then back to gmail. All very 'dodgy' I reckon. What can the user do about it though, other than find another e-mail provider with all the hassle that means?
Proton mail is very good. None of the goofle verification hoops to jump through.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:19 PM

That's the trouble isn't it. They draw us in then have us by the short and curlies.
Yes, exactly that which is why I try and find ways round anything like that now.
Baz46

08-05-2021, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Proton mail is very good. None of the goofle verification hoops to jump through.
Thanks Pixie Knuckles. It's the hassle of changing that puts me off. You know how it is when e-mail addresses are used for this, that and everything else these days. All these have to be changed and just that is not easy. Recently I lost access to my laptop, I had to buy a new one and then try and firstly recover my four gmail accounts, secondly I also had to try and do that with all my other online accounts, there were around 18 in total. The main problem was that for security I had to change all passwords and do that on a new device never before known to any of these organisations, especially to Google. The whole procedure was very frustrating, I don't know to this day how the laptop didn't go out of the window!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:36 PM

Thanks Pixie Knuckles. It's the hassle of changing that puts me off. You know how it is when e-mail addresses are used for this, that and everything else these days. All these have to be changed and just that is not easy. Recently I lost access to my laptop, I had to buy a new one and then try and firstly recover my four gmail accounts, secondly I also had to try and do that with all my other online accounts, there were around 18 in total. The main problem was that for security I had to change all passwords and do that on a new device never before known to any of these organisations, especially to Google. The whole procedure was very frustrating, I don't know to this day how the laptop didn't go out of the window!
Gosh that sounds a complete nightmare! Yes, switching over to a new device is a time consuming task when it comes to Google (not goofle...don't know how i missed that spelling error!)
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 09:03 PM

I looked at that Ted and SSL2 is not an option just SSL3 (unchecked). Thanks .
One other thought, LD.

Have you checked to see if an update was downloaded the night before all this started?

If it was, back it out?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-05-2021, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Gosh that sounds a complete nightmare! Yes, switching over to a new device is a time consuming task when it comes to Google (not goofle...don't know how i missed that spelling error!)

That's always the problem having to change email addresses and letting people know.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top