Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

11-05-2021, 02:57 AM

Muliculturism? does it really work?

From those who have tried it for a long time; moderate time' short time whatever?

Britain can certainly step up to the mark in this category and say:

Australia of course will do so to and say " by enlarge yes it works - we have very few internal problems and a good border control program and internal special investigation forces that hide in the background and surveil?

NewZealand would claim the same

Germany - struggling? and other european allies?

HK - was always successful until recently

USA of course - mostly with ups and downs

USSR and China - do not want to participate?

Malaysia; India and Indonesia - can't get enough foreigners?

so the whole concept seems to really be in a minority of world places - is this a harbinger of how it should remain - we are able to share our goods for sale but not each other ?

or to put it in other words "were we really meant to mix"?
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:35 AM

Re: Muliculturism? does it really work?

Maybe it's just me but I love the interaction with other cultures. I have always mixed wherever I have been , even if I do not speak the language I prefer to live in the local culture. I have reciprocal feelings when I meet someone from another culture in my country. I have absolutely no interest in staying in 5 star hotels or cruising the world surrounded by my own kind. Even if money was no object I would still follow my wishes.
bret
bret is male 

11-05-2021, 05:08 AM

but your muliculturism took a bit of a blow a year or two ago with the mass shooting in the Muslim mosque? but that surely wasn't an indication of multiculturalism gone wrong was it - but like oz the Indigenous peoples of NZ have also felt aggrieved and disadvantaged for some time heh?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 07:09 AM

Countries around the world have taken different paths but ended up in much the same place.
bret
bret is male 

11-05-2021, 07:15 AM

[QUOTE=Cinderella;2088105]Countries around the world have taken different paths but ended up in much the same place

don't understand that can you explain further?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:12 AM

A lot of second generation do not have the same views as their parents, they are culturally confused and angry. Likely to become radicalized.

Multiculturalism a policy of exclusion, rather than inclusion.

They do not accept the national culture so react violently.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Maybe it's just me but I love the interaction with other cultures. I have always mixed wherever I have been , even if I do not speak the language I prefer to live in the local culture. I have reciprocal feelings when I meet someone from another culture in my country. I have absolutely no interest in staying in 5 star hotels or cruising the world surrounded by my own kind. Even if money was no object I would still follow my wishes.
The operative phrase here is ‘in my country’.
Your country New Zealand has a liberal society based on Christian principles and the rule of law .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:24 AM

I enjoy interacting with other cultures, and learning about them, but everyone does tend to stick with what they know.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
but your muliculturism took a bit of a blow a year or two ago with the mass shooting in the Muslim mosque? but that surely wasn't an indication of multiculturalism gone wrong was it - but like oz the Indigenous peoples of NZ have also felt aggrieved and disadvantaged for some time heh?
That act of terrorism , and sad though it was, the sympathy for the people involved from the rest of our society was quite extraordinary and has made most of us closer .
Maori are more fortunate than Australian Aborigine in that the Treaty of Waitangi, while not perfect, made sure that they were treated as equal partners. We Europeans were not always trustworthy in our negotiations.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

11-05-2021, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I enjoy interacting with other cultures, and learning about them, but everyone does tend to stick with what they know.
Will always try a few words of foreign language. Would love to be multilingual.

French, Greek, and Welsh.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top