Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 03:44 PM

Re: Dyson V11 cordless vacuum cleaner

We have always used Hoover so we bought a Hoover H-Free 800 cordless and are very disappointed with it. Battery life very short and poor pick up. We use it mainly with the crevice tool for skirtings etc.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

25-05-2021, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
We have always used Hoover so we bought a Hoover H-Free 800 cordless and are very disappointed with it. Battery life very short and poor pick up. We use it mainly with the crevice tool for skirtings etc.
So it doesn't live up to the old commercial?

"All the dirt all the grit
Hoover gets at every bit
For it beats as it sweeps as it cleans"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Ulla I have a cordless Dyson an older version and find it useful for small jobs, the battery doesn't last long on full power about 8 minutes (longer with the newer ones I think ).

I use it mostly with the large head for cleaning the stairs and with the little brush for carpet edges and skirting boards.
It is also good for sudden spills of dry ingredients.

I think they are expensive, mine was a gift from my son .

That's something that annoys me with the V11. If you have animals then you really need to use full power which means that the battery doesn't last very long. There's no way I could vacuum the whole house in one go, the advert however shows it working for around 60 minutes but it's more like 15.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's something that annoys me with the V11. If you have animals then you really need to use full power which means that the battery doesn't last very long. There's no way I could vacuum the whole house in one go, the advert however shows it working for around 60 minutes but it's more like 15.
I think it varies according to several factors.
I usually use it on medium power.

Using full power will naturally flatten the battery more quickly. I have used that after cutting and grinding glass as inevitably some small particles end up on the floor and I'd hate for the cats to get any in their paws, so I ensure that doesn't happen.

Although I don't use it, the low power setting would extend the battery life and, I suppose, could be used for areas with easily removed scraps.

As you say, if you have animals there could be more work involved. We have two cats who, fortunately, don't really shed any hair, or not that I've noticed anyway!

Then again, I suppose the use of the battery power depends on the size of your house!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think it varies according to several factors.
I usually use it on medium power.

Using full power will naturally flatten the battery more quickly. I have used that after cutting and grinding glass as inevitably some small particles end up on the floor and I'd hate for the cats to get any in their paws, so I ensure that doesn't happen.

Although I don't use it, the low power setting would extend the battery life and, I suppose, could be used for areas with easily removed scraps.

As you say, if you have animals there could be more work involved. We have two cats who, fortunately, don't really shed any hair, or not that I've noticed anyway!

Then again, I suppose the use of the battery power depends on the size of your house!
Just a normal terraced house I'm afraid. Our cats do shed a LOT of hair which means that really we need to vac every day (we don't of course ). That dust compartment fills up pretty quickly.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top