Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 02:14 PM

Poland Isn't Happy as they Ignore the EU Demand to Close their Coal Mine

First, the Netherlands gas industry gets destroyed by the commission, now they try to destroy Polands energy industry.

It's just like the 1930's, as Germany continues to burn coal and install coal fired power stations, holding the Netherlands and Poland to ransom as they continue with Nord Stream 2.

The Polish government has bravely defied a “dangerous” EU court order to shut down a coal mine that provides 7% of the country’s power and accounts for 5,000 jobs.

On Friday, the European Court of Justice issued an injunction obliging the Polish government to shut down the lignite mine at Turów, which lies right at country’s nexus with Germany and the Czech Republic.

The EU, which has imposed sweeping carbon reduction targets on EU members, has taken on a complaint by Prague that the Polish mine is draining Czech groundwater around the border.

Poland’s development minister, Jarosław Gowin is livid and has spurned the order, which he describes as “scandalously incommensurate” with the circumstances.
https://foxhole.news/2021/05/25/pola...ose-coal-mine/

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top