Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 07:36 PM

Re: Update Errors, or other weird happenings?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I hope it sees me out & I don't have to change.

I have an ipad but rarely use it. Think that is 10.
... spring chicken, get a new lappy. Live a little.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've thought about Android home computing, but there nothing wrong with windows. People like to moan but I've never had a problem.

Avoiding updates in futile. Embrace it man.
You sound like the Borg.
"Resistance is futile."

Actually, if Seven of Nine said that to me, I'm afraid I'd have to give in!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd love to ditch Windows and move lock, stock and barrel on to Linux.

Unfortunately, I have two programmes: Photoshop Elements and TurboCAD, which both require Windows OS and will not run under Linux.

Yes, I know there are other options, but I've become quite familiar with how to use these two and wouldn't want to have to learn something completely different.

Also, all the work I have already done I should no longer be able to access.

Anyway, as long as I can continue to avoid Windows Updates, this thing works perfectly well as it is.

This happened to me with an old mac-configured external harddrive that I had for years. The mac was a workhorse and lasted forever, and I dumped every single thing I ever did on it. Sadly it died, and now with windows, I have lost about 7 years of my life
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... spring chicken, get a new lappy. Live a little.
d00d, it doesn't like me, or rather it hates my finger, poking sideways on it's screen. It refuses to give me what I want most of the time & if I accidently click the button on the right it keeps asking me what it can do for me today. I hate using it, I am fine with my home PC it knows & likes me, most of the time anyway..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top