Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

06-06-2021, 03:31 PM

Re: In my garden

Some more of my plants. The four pots in front are my artichokes which have now been repotted and moved from the greenhouse. I’ ve never done these before so it will be interesting to see how they go. The three pots at the rear are potatoes. One in each pot. I set them about two inches from the bottom of the pot and as they come up cover them with earth to the top of the pot. It’s supposed to give a better crop. Have to wait and see. The terracotta pot is mint. If you’ve ever thought about growing mint don’t repeat DON’T plant it directly in a flowerbed - it spreads like wildfire! It’s best to plant it in a large pot and then put the pot in the flowerbed which will prevent the mint from spreading.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	95AD82D4-8701-4064-AA55-E6724858A227.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	15814  
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

09-06-2021, 09:12 AM

My raised flowerbed. The lilac coloured allium are nearly finished but the white ones are still in full bloom. Some of the other plants: sow in summer, alum root, aquilegia, hosta, sicilian honey garlic, peony, fern, western bleeding heart, perennial cornflower, liatris, echinacea, monkshood, parsley, Christmas rose and a new honeysuckle against the planking. The big pot is an artichoke.

Some of the plants will need to be moved tjis autumn as they'r beginning to crowd each other out

Name:	IMG_4845.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	15837   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4847.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	15838  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
My raised flowerbed. The lilac coloured allium are nearly finished but the white ones are still in full bloom. Some of the other plants: sow in summer, alum root, aquilegia, hosta, sicilian honey garlic, peony, fern, western bleeding heart, perennial cornflower, liatris, echinacea, monkshood, parsley, Christmas rose and a new honeysuckle against the planking. The big pot is an artichoke.

Some of the plants will need to be moved tjis autumn as they'r beginning to crowd each other out

I’m in love with your flower bed, those Alliums are beautiful!.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

13-06-2021, 09:32 AM

My ox eye daisies. Theses are self sown and are in front of the bed with lungwort and clematis. Once they've finished flowering I go over them with the lawnmower - the daisies that is. I'll have to pull some up this year as they're spreading. Luckily the lungwort flowered before the daisies got high enough to hide it. I have the lungwort round the clematis to keep the clematis stock shaded. Clematis likes to have its head in the sun and its feet in the shade. You can only see one clematis (Ville de Lyon) in the photo as I had to replace the other this spring and the new one is still establishing itself.

Name:	IMG_4938.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	15908  
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 06:54 PM

Amazing to say the least Ullabi. Often I make a post and forget to explore what others are doing...Once we had someone here whose Garden I have visited any times, it is full of everything you could possibly want for an interesting garden.. plants, seating area, lighting, swimming pool, ornaments and a bar..mm liked the bar..But he came in and said arhhh to mine its like a farmyard..well we had three free range chickens at the time and have an antique french cart with no horse ,an antique plough oh and a huge cartwheel and two old wooden barrows. But we have a lovely pond with seating area full of plants of all sorts and a lot of other areas that are very nice...Our grass is full of weeds but green as my husband declares frequently.
It is never going to be like our English Garden or lots of other places either. It was farmland completely and the house was mainly built for the animals back in 1801, but now it is ours and we love it. I have thoroughly enjoyed viewing yours and will again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->

Very pretty Ullabi.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

16-06-2021, 10:30 AM

Latest update from my garden.

First picture is my Japanese bridge with day lilies. The other two are my raised flowerbed. Tha allium have finiished blooming and are turning green. The Sicilian honey garlic has started to bloom, my solitary lily too, the snow in summer is looking lovely and my rhubarb is coming along beautifullt. I've already harvested quite a lot of rhubarb and made rhubarb crumble, compote and squash. The tall metal pole is my North-South indicator. The spearhead at the top is orientated north to south so as you can see in the photo I'm facing due north. In case you were wondering, the frogs are from Lidl.

Name:	IMG_4956.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	15949   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4958.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	15950   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4960.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	15951   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4962.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	15952  
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 06:23 PM

Thank you for letting us see you gorgeous garden it’s a joy. X
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 10:33 PM

Ullabi we had a storm last evening and sounded pretty bad but this morning was so much fresher and could see some climbing Roses on the ground but will just cut them back...lots and lots of leaves but you have trees and then gusts, obviously going to be a leaf drop. So no shocks this time. It is good to see your updates on how things die but then others are just budding...love garden life...forever changing
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

21-06-2021, 04:45 PM

My front garden. The bush is a forsythia that I’ve managed to get down to a single stem. The long box has a mix of meadow flowers and cornflower with sweet peas in the centre. The square box has zinnias and the stacked up pots have ivy in the lower tier and meadow flowers and cornflower in the top. The square box behind the mailbox is a hydrangea and the two other pots are pink orpins.

The decking and gravel are all my own work.

Name:	17DA6D43-A0B3-463F-94D2-3EF8B3B55408.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	16018   Click image for larger version

Name:	DD6E1C02-476A-49BD-8083-736EFE31494A.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	16019   Click image for larger version

Name:	513C1185-40AB-4691-AE4E-B337D1142A94.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	16020  

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top