Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:04 AM

Re: Our way of life ending

I have loads of bees in my garden I haven’t seen a hedgehog this year but have seen hedgehog poo!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No it hasn't Annie, you've just read that it has....
The balance of nature has'nt changed OGF !
But we are interfering with migration patterns of wild life with our
farming and road building enterprises ?
And we are definitely over fishing the oceans, which, if we don't
reduce our demands will lead to a chemical imbalance in the oceans
which could cause the phyto plankton to die off and thus reduce
the oxygen output of the sea's which the whole animal kingdom
needs to survive??
Apparently the acidity of the oceans is allready becoming more
acidic !! Why, is not clear yet ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:20 AM

You mean the oceans that cover 71% of the earth surface Annie, and require CO2 to survive, that same CO2 we are striving to eliminate.....

Buggering about with things we know nothing about will only end up in tears. May I remind everyone that:

"For every Action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" Often overlooked......
Isn't that the first law of mechanics OGF ??

D Man! 👍👍
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This made me laugh!
Me too!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

31-05-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The carnage is beyond comprehension.

https://abcbirds.org/blog21/wind-turbine-mortality/

The numbers recorded as roadkill off the scale globally.
I believe there is a different type of wind turbine being developed
Cinders, that doesn't use bloody great propellers but uses a vertical
cylindrical rotor that is more efficient and easier to erect ??
This should also cut down on the danger to birds as it is more
compact as well !!
Trouble is that so many windmills have been built allready and
there is now a big industry set up building them the shareholders
won't be happy changing tack ??
It will need legislation to force through !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:37 AM

I’ve noticed we are getting lots of feral pigeons in our garden, the sort you see in town centres, I wonder if this is a result of the pandemic as no one visited town centres so no food for the pigeons, so they’ve adapted and moved to the bird feeders in our gardens, bluddy things….
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:40 AM

Perhaps logic to you Dex.

Without referring to anything you have read or seen on the internet or MSM, go outside, walk into the country, and tell me in your own opinion what makes you think we are destroying the planet?
I'm currently sat in the timber cabin at the bottom of the garden. Looking out of the window, I see and hear a distinct lack of wildlife/insects but put this partly down to the time of year. Not sure why there are so few birds around.

Then I look at the back of my house. The doors and windows are upvc, which I doubt will be able to be re-purposed when they eventually either fail or the house gets pulled down. Can't be sure, but suspect that their manufacture will have involved having to burn something plus the use of some noxious chemicals. Clearly, the glass will have required a fire of some sort. The bricks and roof tiles will have required burning something in their manufacture. The cement used for concrete and mortar definitely involves burning something - I could quote figures but this wouldn't be in the spirit you asked for.

The noise of a car goes past, and I'm pretty certain that these will have required something to be burnt during the process of making them, either to melt the metal or to create the electricity needed. The car probably burns a fuel to keep it on motion.

Last night, someone obviously had a barbecue and I'm reminded that most foodstuff that I eat will have involved burning something. I estimate that the barbecue was a hundred yards away, and yet the smell of it was noticed by me, and I reflect on the argument made that "we" only occupy 1% of the planet and that this presumably implies that 99% will not be affected by us. Observable nonsense.

I recall how every year around the start of Novemeber, there is usually a morning after the night before where the air is hazy and whiffy of bonfires and firework chemicals. I reflect that the amount of stuff "we" burn 24/7, 365 days of the year, is way more than this, and yet the argument is that this is miniscule.

I recall a tragedy around 20 years ago in which the driver of a minibus carrying a family to the airport made a fraction of a second miscalculation, which led to carnage for the family and pretty much gridlock for commuter traffic for hours. And yet, the argument is that our everyday actions is really negligible and won't cause anything catastophic. Seems a foolish gamble.

I could go on, but you get the picture. Observable events, with an attempt to apply logic. I again refer you to my post 45 which, OGF, I notice you haven't made reference to nor try to dispute the reasoning behind it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:53 AM

There are loads of bees round here Annie, look around yourself, don't rely on a piece you read on the news or some 'science bloke' until you've gone outside and seen for yourself. I'm not saying they are all wrong, but we are the victims of an information overload, some good, some bad, it's becoming impossible to tell the difference. I could provide you with quite the opposite information from some appierists that live local. They don't understand what all the fuss is about....
Well we don't live near to Chernobyl, we actually live out in the sticks in Suffolk and bees be they honey or bumble, butterflies, moths, in fact everything that used to fly, bite, or sting has all but disappeared.

And all because of the awful toxins that agriculture industries are poisoning the land with. No longer farms and farmers, the land itself is being exploited by big business much of it now owned by American conglomerates.

Thankfully our neighbour runs an organic farm (better prices for produce) but it's just a tiny oasis, one of few, in the horrible sterile natural desert of East Anglia.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

31-05-2021, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well we don't live near to Chernobyl, we actually live out in the sticks in Suffolk and bees be they honey or bumble, butterflies, moths, in fact everything that used to fly, bite, or sting has all but disappeared.

And all because of the awful toxins that agriculture industries are poisoning the land with. No longer farms and farmers, the land itself is being exploited by big business much of it now owned by American conglomerates.

Thankfully our neighbour runs an organic farm (better prices for produce) but it's just a tiny oasis, one of few, in the horrible sterile natural desert of East Anglia.
agreed - among some of the real beekeepers - international as well there is real concern that there is a delicate balance of whether they will remain sustainable or not - OGF seems to waffle a lot and talk about his experiences of life - but I never see him providing bonifidi referencing - which you yourself know is a pet thing of mine. OGF put ya references where ya mouth is laddie!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
agreed - among some of the real beekeepers - international as well there is real concern that there is a delicate balance of whether they will remain sustainable or not - OGF seems to waffle a lot and talk about his experiences of life - but I never see him providing bonifidi referencing - which you yourself know is a pet thing of mine. OGF put ya references where ya mouth is laddie!
The problem is that once one starts referencing things, then OGF will argue that these things have either been tampered or vetted somehow by the "they" and that we should potentially take everything we read with a pinch of salt and instead just look at the world around us.

I do look at the world around us, apply a bit of logical extrapolation, and come to a somewhat different conclusion than "everything's A OK, stop fretting".

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top